Being Erica Page 3

Bam!: Hope you like it when you get a chance to see it (it's on E4 in the UK), but give it a chance. As I said in the first post, when it's not so good, it's a girly Quantum Leap. But when it's good, it's been as good as some of my favourite RTD Doctor Who episodes.

And thanks for the kind words about the cover. I deliberately kept it simple because it kind of suits the feel of the show. (Well, that and the usual lack of really good source material.)

Quote: annagranfors @ October 26 2009, 1:58 AM BST

Bam!: Hope you like it when you get a chance to see it (it's on E4 in the UK), but give it a chance. As I said in the first post, when it's not so good, it's a girly Quantum Leap. But when it's good, it's been as good as some of my favourite RTD Doctor Who episodes.

And thanks for the kind words about the cover. I deliberately kept it simple because it kind of suits the feel of the show. (Well, that and the usual lack of really good source material.)

Hi annagranfors,

Apologies for earlier. Should have read your post properly and I would have realised that it was your artwork, not just a plug for some show, that was on show. Very good stuff, if not particularly my kind of area. Much grovelling and sorry hugs. Hug

Tim

Tim Walker: not to worry. Apologies accepted. :)

I think you did a nice job Annagranfors, the copy is a little weak but the layout is good.

The show itself has had tons of money and promotions dumped into it by CBC and yet its had some of the WORST ratings of last season when it first aired and yet for some reason it scooped up a second season. 'Being Erica' has become the prime example for anti-CBC people to point to since it costs so much to make and yet no one is watching.
The only compliment I can give the show is that the actress is pretty hot. Besides that the show makes me angry knowing what could be being made instead. CBC is not the BBC, they don't have the money, nor the support to make such flops.

Curt: cheers for the kind words.

The show seems to be getting better reviews this year, and yeah, it's no BAFTA, but it won a C21/FRAPA Format Award a few weeks ago:

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&ct2=us%2F0_0_s_3_0_t&usg=AFQjCNHsYcSKKDL2n1Hmos2v1bmZZQdqHQ&sig2=TM_9SC_jTu1Fxtww8JbGcg&cid=0&ei=hLvlSuiPJ5T6lQS8oKCAAQ&rt=SEARCH&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.channelcanada.com%2FArticle3669.html

As I said in the first post, it's not perfect, ranging from girly-Quantum Leap to girly-Doctor Who, but I'm quite fond of it. (Probably because some of the funny reminds me of Gilmore Girls, which I miss intensely, and which you all probably hated.)

I've never been ashamed of my guilty pleasures, and was one of the first punk grrls to come out of my ABBA closet. :)

This is starting on E4 at ten.

True to my word: I'll be watching.

UPDATE: Very good so far.

UPDATE 2: Just finished. Quite enjoyable, although it doesn't really add anything new to the genre. Very American; not necessarily a bad thing.

Would happily watch again. :)

"Give and Take - Anal Sex American Style!"

Quote: don rushmore @ October 26 2009, 10:41 PM BST

This is starting on E4 at ten.

True to my word: I'll be watching.

UPDATE: Very good so far.

UPDATE 2: Just finished. Quite enjoyable, although it doesn't really add anything new to the genre. Very American; not necessarily a bad thing.

Would happily watch again. :)

Morrace: ...sorry? I can't seem to understand your meaning. A deficiency on my part, I'm sure.