Back to Class - Thank You For The Music Page 22

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 15 2009, 3:30 PM BST

Don't spoil my paedo wank. :(

I'll tell Dan you been thinking of him in that way.

Quote: James Cotter @ October 15 2009, 3:36 PM BST

I'll tell Dan you been thinking of him in that way.

Ask him if he still has his Boy Scout uniform.

Then again, you guys did go to Exeter, so maybe the students are a lot older then the teachers.

Zing et touche.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 15 2009, 4:09 PM BST

Ask him if he still has his Boy Scout uniform.

Then again, you guys did go to Exeter, so maybe the students are a lot older then the teachers.

Zing et touche.

Ask him yourself.

Believe it or not the student tend to be younger then the teachers I know it's a funny way of running a education system but that's the way it is unfortunately.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 15 2009, 3:30 PM BST

Don't spoil my paedo wank. :(

What's Micheal Jackson's last single got to do with anything?

I can see James Cotter telling Jonathan Ross a hilarious anecdote about this thread one day.

Quote: Ben @ October 15 2009, 11:01 PM BST

I can see James Cotter telling Jonathan Ross a hilarious anecdote about this thread one day.

There's a sketch there, Ben - go on! :)

Although I think it would be brilliant if James Cotter was some kind of postmodern, ironic, elaborate comedy creation...unfortunately I think it is just a guy who hasn't been able to let go of his first 'sitcom', that being 'Back To Class'.

I understand that feeling when you write your first sitcom script (and in your case film it as well); you think it is the best thing ever. You have all these ideas for characters and plots and how they would develop over a series; you perhaps start planning things as if this is all a done deal, that for sure this is the sitcom you will get commissioned!

But the truth is, it isn't very good, certainly not up to a standard worthy of broadcast. At this point most people put that script in a drawer and begin work on the next idea; this process continues until you finally write a script that you know is good, you will sense when you have written something that you could put on television.

What it appears James Cotter has done is become obsessed with this one project, and he finds it impossible to let go. As mentioned in this thread, he had all these ideas for where the series would go, at one point he mentioned something that would be revealed in Series 2!! He was speaking as if he already had a full series commission on Back To Class. The 'CotterCasts' and 'Bloopers' are further proof of this; all extraneous elements that added nothing to actual progress but instead helped support his own delusions.

If you are serious about writing James then you should actually start writing; forget Back To Class and move on to something new. Stop speaking to camera as if you are been interviewed by Jonathan Ross about how you made a smash-hit sitcom and actually put some effort in to making a proper smash-hit sitcom.

That's my feeling on the matter. If however, you are a postmodern, ironic comedy creation then forget everything I said. :D

EDIT: While I was writing this, I see Ben also picked up the Jonathan Ross vibe. :D

I reckon James should realise that he himself is a brilliant comic creation and parody himself a bit more.

Quote: Martin H @ October 15 2009, 11:15 PM BST

Although I think it would be brilliant if James Cotter was some kind of postmodern, ironic, elaborate comedy creation...unfortunately I think it is just a guy who hasn't been able to let go of his first 'sitcom', that being 'Back To Class'.

Too be blunt James this maybe the most sensible thing written on this thread and it's true. Back to Class is frankly poor and derivative.

I'm sure you have a better sitcom within you.

Watched CotterCast 2, 3 and 4 last night, James, and also the final part of Harris & Doyle.

Outstanding work; I loved the last line of H & D.

:)

Thanks to Cotter, Thordox is now redundant.

Quote: Ben @ October 15 2009, 11:01 PM BST

Laughing out loud I wish.

Quote: Morrace @ October 15 2009, 11:02 PM BST

There's a sketch there, Ben - go on! :)

I expect the first draft in the next few days.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ October 16 2009, 12:51 AM BST

I reckon James should realise that he himself is a brilliant comic creation and parody himself a bit more.

I do enough on here surely.

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2009, 6:56 AM BST

Too be blunt James this maybe the most sensible thing written on this thread and it's true. Back to Class is frankly poor and derivative.

I'm sure you have a better sitcom within you.

I am sure I have a better sitcom with in me. I've done better things then this already.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 16 2009, 10:57 AM BST

Watched CotterCast 2, 3 and 4 last night, James, and also the final part of Harris & Doyle.

Outstanding work; I loved the last line of H & D.

:)

"I could be so good for you"

James, I am actually a fan of yours now, after watching the 'Cottercasts'.

You have actually worked really hard, fair play to you.

;)

Quote: Scottidog @ October 16 2009, 6:15 PM BST

James, I am actually a fan of yours now, after watching the 'CotterCasts'.

You have actually worked really hard, fair play to you.

;)

Thanks