BBC America TM&WL Marathon Oct. 7th

Hey.

For all the people that get BBC America, there's a "That Mitchell And Webb Look" marathon from 10AM till 4PM. It's the first season and some of the second.

Wonder if this means we'll be getting the third series?

Anyway, enjoy. :)

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ October 7 2009, 5:36 AM BST

Hey.

For all the people that get BBC America, there's a "That Mitchell And Webb Look" marathon from 10AM till 4PM. It's the first season and some of the second.

Wonder if this means we'll be getting the third series?

Anyway, enjoy. :)

Thanks for the heads up. Had no idea about it. Luckily my DVR has been cleared. :)

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ October 7 2009, 5:36 AM BST

For all the people that get BBC America

I'm out! :)

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 7 2009, 2:13 PM BST

Thanks for the heads up. Had no idea about it. Luckily my DVR has been cleared. :)

Yeah, most of what they show is stuff found in attics, antiques, cooking, cleaning. Where's all the comedy? They didn't even promote this. I'm the PR, some girl in NJ. Huh?

What are the viewing figures like for BBC America? And do the shows make much impact beyond that narrow band? Ie, are they ever picked up by bigger channels?

We usually get your programming forever after it airs in the UK. Lots of lifestyle stuff, very rarely comedy. But I watch the news on it every night. No, nobody ever picks up anything to air on another network. If anything, a shitty American version is made and gets canceled almost immediately.

Quote: chipolata @ October 7 2009, 2:45 PM BST

What are the viewing figures like for BBC America? And do the shows make much impact beyond that narrow band? Ie, are they ever picked up by bigger channels?

Do you mean do British shows turn up on major networks?

The answer to that would be no.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 7 2009, 2:48 PM BST

We usually get your programming forever after it airs in the UK. Lots of lifestyle stuff, very rarely comedy. But I watch the news on it every night. No, nobody ever picks up anything to air on another network. If anything, a shitty American version is made and gets canceled almost immediately.

Didn't Friday night used to be comedy night on BBC America? TM&WL and then The Catherine Tate Show and then nothing. One series of Peep Show early on.

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ October 7 2009, 2:52 PM BST

Do you mean do British shows turn up on major networks?

The answer to that would be no.

Didn't Friday night used to be comedy night on BBC America? TM&WL and the The Catherine Tate Show and then nothing. One series of Peep Show early on.

Yeah, they never stick to anything. They ran Gavin and Stacey, and part way through Season 2 it disappeared. It came back weeks later on Demand. One series of Peep Show, a few of Green Wing. It's all so hit and miss. :(

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 7 2009, 2:54 PM BST

Yeah, they never stick to anything. They ran Gavin and Stacey, and part way through Season 2 it disappeared. It came back weeks later on Demand. One series of Peep Show, a few of Green Wing. It's all so hit and miss. :(

Oh! 5 minute warning! See ya Wave