So is Labour really washed out? Page 9

Cheers Nogget and Tim. :)

Quote: roscoff @ October 5 2009, 10:23 AM BST

Education: is in a worse state than ever. Don't let the so called improving grades fool you. There is so much rubbish being taught at the moment it's unbelievable.

The grading of exams is an absolute joke and meaningless. I can't believe what my teenage nieces and nephews are 'learning'. Primary education isn't so bad, but secondary schools are a mess. Personally I think a return to the 11+ system in every area of the country would be a huge help.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 10:36 AM BST

The grading of exams is an absolute joke and meaningless. I can't believe what my teenage nieces and nephews are 'learning'. Primary education isn't so bad, but secondary schools are a mess. Personally I think a return to the 11+ system in every area of the country would be a huge help.

Ask them about BLP-Building Learning Power and watch their little eyes light up with contempt.

Quote: roscoff @ October 5 2009, 10:38 AM BST

Ask them about BLP-Building Learning Power and watch their little eyes light up with contempt.

Is that teacher lead pupil learning or pupil centered teaching learning? (10 points if can source the pararphrased quote)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 10:40 AM BST

Is that teacher lead pupil learning or pupil centered teaching learning? (10 points if can source the pararphrased quote)

It's learning how to learn. Really useful pile of twaddle that helps nobody.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 8:01 AM BST

Well for starters it was a joke in response to a non-serious comment he'd made. Secondly Don had made a bitchy comment to me on another thread. I didn't see him get a ticking off for that, but I make a joke and being female I get accused of being bitchy. Thirdly Don took the comment in the spirit it was intended and doesn't seem to need anyone sticking up for him. And lastly the comment I made could only be really be deemed bitchy if Don was actually locked up in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

For the record: there was certainly no offence taken on my part. I took the comment in the spirit it was (hopefully!) intended. As for my 'bitchy' (more jokey) comment towards you, let's not make a mountain out of a molehill...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15205/4

:)

Quote: don rushmore @ October 5 2009, 11:56 AM BST

let's not make a mountain out of a molehill...

Nice idea, Don, but I really don't see that policy working out around here...

Quote: don rushmore @ October 5 2009, 11:56 AM BST

For the record: there was certainly no offence taken on my part. I took the comment in the spirit it was (hopefully!) intended. As for my 'bitchy' (more jokey) comment towards you, let's not make a mountain out of a molehill...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15205/4

:)

Thank you Don. Although Aaron will now probably complain that I don't rate Ms Cocktail the borderline spammer. :S

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 1:08 PM BST

Thank you Don.

You're welcome. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 1:08 PM BST

borderline slapper.

:O Dolly!

hee

Well for starters it was a joke in response to a non-serious comment he'd made.

That is actually what I thought. I wouldn't have made any further comment, let alone had all of this 'row' over it, if you'd not brought it up again. My "Bitchy" comment was equally as throwaway as yours was.

Secondly Don had made a bitchy comment to me on another thread. I didn't see him get a ticking off for that

I can't speak for other moderators, but I haven't seen it. If/when I do, I'll make note to him.

and being female I get accused of being bitchy.

Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes x infinity. Don't play that pathetic gender card Dolly. It's beneath you. Man, woman, hermaphrodite; doesn't make any difference to whether the comment was bitchy or not.

Can we get back to slating Labour? Oh and insulting women who want to stay home and raise their kids. And maybe accusing the Libdems of being pathetic, irrelevant pervos.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 5 2009, 10:36 AM BST

The grading of exams is an absolute joke and meaningless.

Spot on. True at all levels of education. In fact, it's not just the grading that's ridiculous, it's the whole system of examination. Children are taught to pass exams, they're not actually taught for their own use or for any kind of real usable knowledge. That's at the root of all that is wrong with the youth of this country.

Quote: sootyj @ October 5 2009, 2:21 PM BST

Oh and insulting women who want to stay home and raise their kids.

You can do that, but I'm siding with Dolly.

Quote: sootyj @ October 5 2009, 2:21 PM BST

And maybe accusing the Lib Dems of being pathetic, irrelevant pervos.

That doesn't need saying. ;)

Aaron needs his botty smacked. :D

Where's Chip when you need him?

On your shoulder?