Talking of t-shirts...

I'm about to start selling (hopefully) amusing t-shirts etc online. I'm dipping my toe into the world of high commerce with a graphic designer mate of mine.
I know there are a million other companies doing it but hopefully my angle will be that I won't be ripping off old gags from other t-shirt companies like everyone else seems to. The stuff going on my tees will be 100% original from my brainium, and largely cheese-free.

Anywaaay, we're hoping to launch before the end of the month but we still don't have a name for the business. Was hoping you guys might be able to assist? Anyone who suggests anything with the word "funny" or "wacky" in the title will be shot. The only name I've come up with so far is Monkeytrumpet Apparel. Because I like the idea of a monkey playing a trumpet. Ahem.

So over to you! If I use your idea, guess what you win? Yes! A t-shirt!

Erm, 'The T-Shirt Company'

Now where is my f**king prize Cool

Quote: Sofa_Matt @ September 24 2009, 10:34 AM BST

Erm, 'The T-Shirt Company'

Now where is my f**king prize Cool

Coming right up!

The name should clearly be "Ha-T-Ha-Ha", as in 'T-shirt'. Quite unfunny, and probably a sign of things to come. :P

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 24 2009, 10:37 AM BST

Coming right up!

Thanks Lee. Make sure you wash it first, I know it's one of your favourites :P

T-zers!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 24 2009, 10:39 AM BST

The name should clearly be "Ha-T-Ha-Ha", as in 'T-shirt'. Quite unfunny, and probably a sign of things to come. :P

Grrr. Naughty Floozy.

Quite like your name Lee - no doubt will make a great logo.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Are printing them yourself with one of those big ironing machines.

What about Cheese Free Tees!

http://www.threadless.com/submit

Might be of interest.

It don't matter that there are a million others.

Everyone needs Tees.

Market, Market, Market!

Twee shirts?

Apparel in a barrel?

Shirt lifters?

Suburban camoflage?

Merkins n' Jerkins.

The name should suit the market you're aiming at. Who are they?
Also, what will be on it, just a few words, gags or what?

Quote: bigfella @ September 24 2009, 11:18 AM BST

It don't matter that there are a million others.

Everyone needs Tees.

Market, Market, Market!

No, you can win $2000 and get your designs made by threadless, assuming Lee has some good designs. You can still sell them yourself also.

Perhaps 'Hello Mister' would be a good name? Perhaps not. 'Kontol' or 'Memex' if you want something shorter. A few years ago, Viz comic ran some genuine adverts for T-shirts with really awful, unfunny slogans.

Strip