A sad, sad day Page 4

I don't really care to be honest.

Gertcha

A sad day indeed. My older brother bought Snooker Loopy and the Chicken Song in 1986. I think he might have bought some Barron Knights as well. No wonder he moved to Australia.

The biggest question is what will Tottingham Hotspurs do now, if they get to the final (in a couple of years...when it ends in 1)?

Eh?

Get Pete Doherty in.

Or Ozzie Ardiles.

"In the cup for Tottingham"

Quote: Clockface @ September 23 2009, 1:50 AM BST

"In the cup for Tottingham"

:D

He needed a packet of Tunes.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2009, 9:05 PM BST

Does anyone remember the Two Ronnies doing an impression of Chas n Dave?

Yep. Great sketch. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxCrSgPWmsk

(I was there when they did that. Poor ol' Ron. (The Sketchbook intro. Not the original sketch. Obviously.))

This is how important this news is... http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8270000/8270288.stm

You don't get much better than just after 8 O'clock on the Today programme, that's normally reserved for Humphrys' to harangue a minister :)

Bass Player wanted: Must be called Dave

I saw them in a pub in New Cross last year and it's surprising how many songs you know.
Chas Hodges was on Joe Meek records, he's been around nearly as long as Cliff Richard and still manages to attract a new generation of fans.

A national day of mourning should be announced Console Console

And what about the opening ceremony at the Olympics! They have to reform for that surly.

Quote: youngian @ September 23 2009, 10:25 AM BST

Chas Hodges was on Joe Meek records, he's been around nearly as long as Cliff Richard and still manages to attract a new generation of fans.

They've been on some great records over the years. Weren't they in Patto?

Quote: Jane P @ September 22 2009, 9:01 PM BST

I'll bring the pickled onions you bring the whip!

:O

They were OK but I'm more worried about when John Otway splits up.

Quote: Timbo @ September 22 2009, 9:58 PM BST

Sick

(That's the food, not the company ;) )

You were probably right the first time! Have you even tried P&M? Next time you're in the East End I'll treat you to some. Don't worry there's an A&E nearby.

Chappers tut tut. :) Why weren't you there Saturday btw? Maybe see you at the latest Sitcom Trials?

Jx

Shame they've split up. There Ain't No Pleasing You is one of the finest songs ever written.