Sitcom Trials Autumn '09 Page 38

I'm biting my nails and I didn't even enter anything. :P

I actually don't want to know now, in a way, because I don't wanna think we've been deluding ourselves with our entry.

I think that we should all remain deluded until the last possible moment, which is why I continue to stare aimlessly at the Sitcom Trials website in spite of myself. Anyway, it doesn't mean that there was anything wrong with our work necessarily, it could just be that 16 other people wrote something so fantastic that even our genius efforts paled in comparison. ...Too delusional?

I wander if the helpful James Parker will give feedback to some of the rejected.

This site has been really helpful anyway in pointing writers in the direction of events like the sitcom trials and if I don't make it, I'm still glad that we tryed; which is all anybody can keep on doing really

Re: Feedback - That would be fantastic but I suppose he'll be busy and stuff, so if not is anyone else considering posting theirs in Critique?

If people are interested in feedback on their scripts, we'll be running a What's Wrong With My Script? workshop in the coming months. We'll be able to give feedback then, and hopefully have an answer from James as to why your script was rejected.

If anyone's interested, email us on info@every1sacritic.com

Cheers

Declan and Simon
Every 1's A Critic

I will look into it depending on where it is being held

Quote: Declan @ September 20 2009, 9:44 PM BST

If people are interested in feedback on their scripts, we'll be running a What's Wrong With My Script? workshop in the coming months. We'll be able to give feedback then, and hopefully have an answer from James as to why your script was rejected.

If anyone's interested, email us on info@every1sacritic.com

Cheers

Declan and Simon
Every 1's A Critic

Thanks - give me a shout.

Technically it's still Sunday. Check out the website, now, for the finalists!

I'm sorry to anyone who didn't make the cut, there really were a great set of scripts in contention.

And as much as I'd love to give feedback to everyone individually, the number of entries means that to do any kind of useful response to everyone would be a full-time job. If you are coming along to the live shows (plug plug), then let me know in advance, collar me on the night, and you might force some kind of nutshell critique out of me (no promises though).

Well no names I recognise there - so I guess that we're ALL losers!

There are some names I recognise,I'm sure one or two have made the odd contribution to the forum.

I can't believe none of the BCGers got in. Unless, of course, you're using pseudonyms.

There are some strange sitcom titles in that list.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the commissioning room if Bumboys was ever pitched. :P

How did we can beaten by 'Bumboys'? Wow. That must have been a spectacular script

Well done to anyone who did get in!

I only recognise one name from around here, and I only think that's from the NewsRevue running order. Another name I know, but not via here.

Dan