Favourite Blackadder 'scene' Page 3

Quote: SlagA @ September 4 2009, 10:56 AM BST

The very last scene of Blackadder 4 personally showed me that comedy can make you cry as well as laugh and was one of the most powerful scenes ever, in a sitcom. A moment filled with masterful pathos and good though not insensitive humour (esp the "Great War 1914 to 1917" moment). Plus it was a superb way to bow out of a truly great series. For that reson alone, it's my fave.
:)
Oh, and I like sad, if no one knew. ;) Laughing out loud

I must be the only person who doesn't particularly like that last scene. Clearly I must be incredibly callous or something, because I prefer to laugh in a comedy, rather than be shown people going to their death.

Although far worse was the audience laughter whenever captain Darling's name was mentioned. Give me mass-slaughter any day.

As has been said, there are too many good bits to mention, and a lot of the shows were simply good for almost all the way through.

I'm not too bothered about that last scene either. Certainly not anywhere near my favourites list.

However, I do giggle every single time they use Darling's name. Never gets old.

I think the scene with Tom Baker in series two. "You have a woman's hands!" Although I do like the scene in Blackadder Goes Forth when the firing squad goes to see him in his cell, and one explains that he's a gabbler.

The kings being served Blackadder's urine as wine from his travels across the sea.

Series II when Blackadder has Baldrick standing against the door with an apple on his head while Edmund shoots an arrow at it. Edmund gets distracted and shoots Baldrick in the family jewels. Baldrick then says

"Don't worry the arrow did not enter my body, by a million to one chance my willy got in the way"

Always cracks me up.

Series One where he gets carried away...

"You come in here, fresh from slaughtering a few chocco's..."

Either that or Percy's "nugget of purest green" from Series Two

Classic

Quite like . .

Blackadder: Baldrick, get the door.

[there is a crash and Baldrick enters with the door]

Blackadder: Now, Baldrick, I advise you to make whatever explanation you are about to give exceptionally good.

Baldrick: You said get the door.

Blackadder: Not good enough, you're fired.

Baldrick: But, my Lord, I've been in your family since 1532.

Blackadder: So has syphilis. Now get out

And, just seen this one as well . .

Baldrick: My uncle Baldrick was in a play once.
Blackadder: Really?...And what did he play?
Baldrick: Second codpiece. Macbeth wore him in the fight scenes.
Blackadder: So he was a stunt codpiece.
Baldrick: Yes.
Blackadder: Did he have a large part?
Baldrick: Depends who's playing Macbeth.

There is a scene that I love, but can't remember the episode it is in.

Blackadder takes Baldrick down to the docks to make some money. Blackadder ends up kissing this big hairy guy and telling him a bedtime story, role playing as the mother of the guy.

Brilliant scene.

Can someone tell me the episode? :D

Possibly the Series Two 'potato' scene.

Blackadder - What's this?
Baldrick - That's a potato, my lord.
Blackadder - No, it's a rhetorical question.
Baldrick - No, it's definitely a potato.

Lord Melchid - Here, have a potato.
Blackaddder - No thank you, I don't.
;)

Thanks, Alfred. :)

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but one of my favourite scenes is from Blackadder 2 (Head) I think it was. The scene with Lady Farrow and Blackadder. I laugh so much whenever I see that it makes my ribs ache.