You Tube or Podcast

I'm trying to find what will work best.

My writing partner and I are recording a series of Podcast's that will be released weekly from the end of this month.

It's going to take some time to edit them properly and I'm wondering if there is any benefit in posting it onto You Tube as well as or instead of.

Below is a trial You Tube video I made by cutting a few minutes from our radio show and added in some animation. Due you think it works and is it worth the effort

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7VciegIpuE

Make him edit them - I've heard he's very lazy!

On the subject I wouldn't have clue.

However - I quite liked the clip! Although you could make more out of it with better, more humourous images!

I really enjoyed it :)

Quote: Sammy @ September 10 2009, 6:36 PM BST

I really enjoyed it :)

As did I :)

Thanks for your kind comments guys

The hospital radio career was short lived however

This is the one that got us sacked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7JDsW_5Kc

and is the reason we are now doing podcasts

I haven't listened to the podcast (in a rush today).

But when you ask yourselves that question, just ask yourself, do I want as many people possible to listen to my podcast?

In other words yes, YouTube, myspace, facebook, iTunes the living shit out of your podcast.

Right, cheers Paul W. I've had a go at making more use of You Tube today, still learning though

Thanks BigFella. I'll keep thinking of better ways to animate the chat

Do you think we should continue down the "Talk about stuff, unscripted" route or focus on putting in some sketches. I really am at a crossroads as to whether we should mess with the formula. I'm fairly comfortable with the presenter/straight man role, Paul doing the funnies.

I suppose the answer is to give it a go and see how it pans out

Quote: Minty @ September 11 2009, 3:13 PM BST

Thanks BigFella. I'll keep thinking of better ways to animate the chat

I didn't think it was bad - just some of the pics could have been funnier.

The special shoes and the shot of Tiger really worked for me - but the bland shot of a golf course fell flat.

Quote: Minty @ September 11 2009, 8:53 AM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7JDsW_5Kc

I don't think this one was as good. Train talk onwards, I enjoyed :) prior to that was neither here or there for me.

The formula of 'unscripted chat' works for me. (when it's genuinely amusing)

do both. Record you podcasts and then take the best bits and make them into small YouTube videos.

it will help drive people towards you podcast or they might just like the YouTube stuff. Either way you have done the hard part which is write and deliver the comedy, now you have to sell sell sell.

Quote: Hoskinator @ September 11 2009, 8:22 PM BST

do both. Record you podcasts and then take the best bits and make them into small YouTube videos.

it will help drive people towards you podcast or they might just like the YouTube stuff. Either way you have done the hard part which is write and deliver the comedy, now you have to sell sell sell.

Thanks Hoskinator

We will do what you say, edit the best bits into Podcasts AND YouTube videos

You say we have done the hard part in writing the comedy but no comedy has been written here. It honestly is recorded live, with no notes/prompts etc. It's probably why it didn't work "Live" as a radio show, but can work as an edited podcast or you tube video

We are going to start recording some more soon so will put up a new vid when I get a chance