The London Comedy Unit Page 2

they are spokesman for all that is good and northern

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ August 21 2009, 10:07 PM BST

they are spokesman for all that is good and northern

Huh?

How did you get into stand up comedy? I had one bad experience and just haven't felt confident enough to go back up and do a gig

Quote: Adam Blaize @ August 21 2009, 10:41 PM BST

How did you get into stand up comedy? I had one bad experience and just haven't felt confident enough to go back up and do a gig

I got in from watching open spots and thinking I could do better. :D

Everyone has a bad gig at some point. I think the secret is to write a really tight set, packed with (possible) laughs, to begin with and learn it well.

Mugs?

Quote: Leevil @ August 21 2009, 10:47 PM BST

Mugs?

Are you still looking for a mug?

I was just very naive. Drank too much because of nerves, was in a big city, never performed in anything since I was ten years old. Didn't revise my set. Bad times

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 21 2009, 10:49 PM BST

Are you still looking for a mug?

Not anymore. I was overwhelmed and subsequently put off the idea.

Why become a member of Writers Guild when all ebulletins containing writing opportunities are posted on their site at http://www.writersguild.org.uk/public/003_WritersGuil/055_ebulletin.html for the world to see?

Well, I've had a reply asking me to the first meeting... it's all very mysterious, I only wrote asking for more info.

Have a weird feeling someone might try to sell me a timeshare.

Quote: willie garvin @ August 27 2009, 12:04 AM BST

Well, I've had a reply asking me to the first meeting... it's all very mysterious, I only wrote asking for more info.

Don't accept any drinks. :)

I would love to work on a team sitcom churning out gags - like Not Going Out or the Big Bang Theory. And something animated would also be wonderful.

Quote: willie garvin @ August 27 2009, 12:04 AM BST

Hi Willie

Likewise. I asked for details but just got invited along. When an email starts 'Dear Writer' it makes one a little suspicious about being 'specially chosen'. They obviously want as many people as possible to turn up.

This is all it says on the website still:

http://londoncomedyunit.com/londoncomedyunit.com/London_Comedy_Unit.html

Hmm. I may still go out of interest but a bit more information/ background would help. How about you?

JP

Don't forget to put all the locks and chains on your house when you go.

It would be great if it was a writing team who were attached to actual production.

There is a strong possibilty that this is merely a group of people getting together to write something they hope to pitch somewhere. The ambiguity suggests that it could be writersroom where they "pitch" it.