North and South BCG divide Page 18

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 25 2009, 12:35 PM BST

Does anyone else think Carla Lane, Aherne and Cash and Alan Bennet write the same sort of material?

Um, your original post mentioned Carla Lane, Victoria Wood and Alan Bennet, not Aherne and Cash. I can see why you would lump them into that category, with the whole deriving humour from mundane situations.

You've changed the criteria to try and win the argument, but I call Shennanigans!

You're a tricky one Dolly Dagger. :P

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2009, 12:44 PM BST

Sometimes I wonder about living in the north, considering the cheap prices and all. But I think they'd revere me as some kind of God up there, with my technology and clothes and things.

Burn the witch!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 25 2009, 12:58 PM BST

Um, your original post mentioned Carla Lane, Victoria Wood and Alan Bennet, not Aherne and Cash. I can see why you would lump them into that category, with the whole deriving humour from mundane situations.

You've changed the criteria to try and win the argument, but I call Shennanigans!

Oh yeah. :) Still I see similarities between all those, but definitely not with Carla Lane. If it was a venn diagram, they would be all in the same circle, or over-lapping groups (LoG possibly too) and Lane would be in a little circle all on her own.

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2009, 12:44 PM BST

Sometimes I wonder about living in the north, considering the cheap prices and all. But I think they'd revere me as some kind of God up there, with my technology and clothes and things.

Yes you keep thinking that.

Anything that means you don't come up North is just fine and dandy with me.

;)

No, I think Carla lane is similar to Caroline Ahern and Craig Cash, not really Alan Bennett. The writing styles are different however they both have the underlying principle to their writing of trying include a lot of depth in their dialogue- which is rare in comedy therefore they should be lumped together.

Quote: Spagett @ August 25 2009, 1:33 PM BST

Yes you keep thinking that.

Anything that means you don't come up North is just fine and dandy with me.

So you all know each other up there? You'd be aware if I moved? Must be all the inbreeding; you're all related.

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2009, 1:37 PM BST

So you all know each other up there? You'd be aware if I moved? Must be all the inbreeding; you're all related.

Well that is very funny.

How do you do it?

Must be all those Terry and June episodes you watch because how else would you have such a razor sharp wit.

Quote: Spagett @ August 25 2009, 1:42 PM BST

Well that is very funny.

How do you do it?

Must be all those Terry and June episodes you watch because how else would you have such a razor sharp wit.

It's my natural ability to wind up humourless northerners.

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2009, 1:51 PM BST

And ponce about. According to a recent survey 9 out of 10 Northlanders think everyone in the South 'ponces about' everywhere.

Additionally, another survey suggests that 9 out of 10 Northmongers reckon that Southeners 'think they are all that, but they are not'.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 25 2009, 2:15 PM BST

And ponce about. According to a recent survey 9 out of 10 Northlanders think everyone in the South 'ponces about' everywhere.

Additionally, another survey suggests that 9 out of 10 Northmongers reckon that Southeners 'think they are all that, but they are not'.

What about fishmongers?

It's true. I've seen you all. Poncing about. Giving it all that.

And eat bean burgers before drinking bottled water.

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2009, 1:51 PM BST

:D

Quote: Aaron @ August 25 2009, 2:44 PM BST

And eat bean burgers before drinking bottled water.

organic bean burgers

Fairtrade organic bean burgers.

(What the f**k is a bean burger, by the way?)

I must say, as far as food goes, when I lived in The North I was amazed at the quality of their fish 'n' chips. There was (at the time) nothing as tasty available in The South. But that was due to all the lard they fried it in, so it might be practise which is becoming more unfashionable.