Audience needed for sketches

Hi there me and a few friends have started making sketches with this character Dave Granger. He is a man trying to be a survival expert, but is going through a divorce and a nervous breakdown. please check them out, we are trying to build up our audience.

www.youtube.com/profile?user=dgranger77&view=videos

Also add him on facebook www.facebook.com/dave.granger3

Thanks,

Mat Brooks

Really liked them. Great performances by Mr Granger! Like the way it's developing.

I ruddy subscribed as well (the decent thing for you to do would be to subscribe back, but I'm not here to judge)

Greensville is right, this is top-notch stuff. Very naturalistic acting, with at least one great laugh per skit. Nice work sir. You have my subscription.

Very, very good. Suspiciously pro acting skills too! You should try for a C4 Comedy Lab or maybe a series of BBC Online comedy things. You've got a very nice, naturalistic performance style and as Kevin says, there was at least one big laugh per ep.
My personal fave was the press-ups sketch where the phone-cam kept falling over. I'm hoping that was an accident which you capitalized on because that makes it all the better.

A tiny crit if I may - I'd say you need to bring more of the Lisa story into your sketches because it's that vulnerability that makes your character less of an insufferable twat and therefore more watchable. Honestly though, thoroughly-enjoyed these.

Really very good! I'm amazed this doesn't have more views on YouTube since most of the videos have been up for a while. It's hilarious!

Good work Mat.

Granger's a good character, well acted. As long as the script material doesn't weaken, he's got legs.

Quote: Chris Forshaw @ August 6 2009, 2:21 AM BST

Really very good! I'm amazed this doesn't have more views on YouTube since most of the videos have been up for a while. It's hilarious!

I've no idea how to 'crack' YouTube and have had loads more hits on myspace. Not so much now though.

I had a character I was developing (using a similar format to Mr Granger) but it hardly got any hits. Maybe the materiel in mine was a bit ropey but I quite liked it and surely that counts for something in this crazy world! See below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oksazMLF3o&feature=channel_page

This is one of the best things I've seen filmed on this fourm you should be looking for competitions.

You absolutely have cracked giving the character layers that are in conflict with each other. Which is so rare to see in people writing stuff.

I'll give her unreasonable behaviour!

Only thing do we ever find out what that behaviour was...

*subscribed*

That was very good. I really enjoyed it and got your character straight away. The timing is excellent to what with Bear Grylls about.

Do as suggested above, get it sent off to everywhere.

Quote: Leevil @ August 6 2009, 1:38 PM BST

The timing is excellent to what with Bear Grylls about.

Grylls eats Partridge, garnished with a dash of Gareth From The Office.

Wow thanks for all the response! So to answer a few things, we are sending it out places, but the people we are working with promoting it have suggested we do what we can to build an audience 1st. Sothat's what we are doing with the YouTube and facebook accounts. We are working on getting this concept made into a TV series or a film. We have lots more sketches to come, but they follow an order, wait till you see whats next, you haven't seen any of my personal favourites yet! So all I can say is thnks, if you want to help more please tell all your friends, and please add him on facebook, there you will get updates and photoalbums of dave plus links to all the sketches once they go up. there is also a page for luke and for lisa if you can find them, here is Dave's page once again,

http://www.facebook.com/dave.granger3

and thanks

Mat

Why don't you eat that caterpillar under your nose? Now that WOULD be funny. Seriously though, the performance is good, but the material is a bit average.

Quote: greensville @ August 6 2009, 11:32 AM BST

I've no idea how to 'crack' YouTube and have had loads more hits on myspace. Not so much now though.

I had a character I was developing (using a similar format to Mr Granger) but it hardly got any hits. Maybe the materiel in mine was a bit ropey but I quite liked it and surely that counts for something in this crazy world! See below

Just watched this, and the other 2, the one with the neo coat and the one when the tape ran out at the end. It made me laugh several times Who was the man that chased him? have you done any more with this character?

Mat

Quote: greensville @ August 6 2009, 11:32 AM BST

Youtube's a weird one. Sometimes a clip will just take off. One of mine has something like 35 thousand views now, whereas an almost-identical one has less than 500. 'Tis a fickle beast.

I only watched the first one but I thought it was pretty good and agree about the acting.

'I can even make a fire from snow' - genius.