Manchester City

Doesn't everyone think it's great the way they poach players from their neighbours?

As a football fan I love to see other teams trying to break into the "elite". I loved it when Blackburn won the leage. It is sooooooooooo boring the same 4 teams finishing in the top 4 year after year.

I'd even be happy to see them sign John Terry.

I seem to remember a day in the 1970s when City sent United down. Oh happy days!

Remember when Leeds United tried to play with the big boys, lets hope Manchester City are just as successful.

They still won the League in the 90s though - depriving those shit bags once again.

There's a lot of football talk going on thesedays.

Thought that's what the 'BCG Fantasy Football Thread' was for? :)

Quote: Chappers @ July 15 2009, 1:33 AM BST

depriving those shit bags once again.

You're not on about bloody Hull again, Chappers? OK, so they won Division 3 North 32-33. Just let it go.

Quote: Chappers @ July 15 2009, 1:28 AM BST

I seem to remember a day in the 1970s when City sent United down. Oh happy days!

That's actually a myth. Man City beat United on the last match of the season through a goal by ex-United legend Dennis Law which confirmed United were relegated. However, results elsewhere that day confirmed United would have been relegated anyway.

And as of City, then fair play to them for splashing the cash. I feel extremely cheated as a United fan that we should lose Ronaldo and Tevez and replace them with Valencia and Owen. United's Supporters Group urged the board to spend the £80 Million on new players and they've only spent £20 Million. We've replaced a top class striker and winger and replaced them with a winger who is good, but not a player who should be playing every week and an injury prone striker who is well passed it now anyway and shouldn't be playing for United on a free. Ferguson said he is not spending because of the ridiculous amounts of money players are now, yet we got a ridiculous ammount of money for a player anyway. If it is true that United aren't buying anymore players, I for one feel cheated and for two think it will be a trophyless season next year. So fair play to City, they are spending.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 15 2009, 2:32 PM BST

I feel extremely cheated as a United fan that we should lose Ronaldo and Tevez and replace them with Valencia and Owen. United's Supporters Group urged the board to spend the £80 Million on new players and they've only spent £20 Million. We've replaced a top class striker and winger and replaced them with a winger who is good, but not a player who should be playing every week and an injury prone striker who is well passed it now anyway and shouldn't be playing for United on a free.

Welcome to the real world!

As an Arsenal supporter, all of this money flying around seems a bit surreal. We spend roughly £16.50 a season on new players and yet we still finish in the top four year after year (and have never been relegated - as far as I know - it might have happened in 1903 or summik but I can't be asked to look it up).

Forget Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea, compared to Newcastle, Man City and even Everton, who are much bigger clubs in several ways, I'm chuffed that we can do so well without the spending power.

As much as I hate Man U, I have to give them props for their team building and management, that's why they do so well.

Man City are going the Chelsea route by buying their way to victory but luckily, that doesn't always equal success.

Man City seem like a cut price Galacticos.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 15 2009, 2:32 PM BST

And as of City, then fair play to them for splashing the cash. I feel extremely cheated as a United fan that we should lose Ronaldo and Tevez and replace them with Valencia and Owen. United's Supporters Group urged the board to spend the £80 Million on new players and they've only spent £20 Million. We've replaced a top class striker and winger and replaced them with a winger who is good, but not a player who should be playing every week and an injury prone striker who is well passed it now anyway and shouldn't be playing for United on a free. Ferguson said he is not spending because of the ridiculous amounts of money players are now, yet we got a ridiculous ammount of money for a player anyway. If it is true that United aren't buying anymore players, I for one feel cheated and for two think it will be a trophyless season next year. So fair play to City, they are spending.

I expect they're saving. Just like every other sensible business right now.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 15 2009, 3:26 PM BST

As an Arsenal supporter, all of this money flying around seems a bit surreal. We spend roughly £16.50 a season on new players and yet we still finish in the top four year after year (and have never been relegated - as far as I know - it might have happened in 1903 or summik but I can't be asked to look it up).

Forget Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea, compared to Newcastle, Man City and even Everton, who are much bigger clubs in several ways, I'm chuffed that we can do so well without the spending power.

But when did they last win a trophy?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/14088