Once Upon A Time In Peckham - should it happen? Page 5

Agreed, it was the fact that the 1996 specials made such a perfect conclusion that makes the later specials so disappointing. The later ones were funny (the whole 'Gary Gang' bit in particular), but the storylines had already been tied up so neatly.

In particular, I like the way that the Trotters could prove ownership of the watch links back to the very first episode where Rodders makes an inventory -it makes the ending so satisfying.

I also like the way that they'd had the watch in their posession all along, which means that from an asset point of view, they'd been millionaires for years without realising (very Trotterish), and that every time Del had said "this time next year, we'll be millionaires" he was actually right. :)

Yeah but as an avid fan I like the three newer ones just as much as the other 61. It was a bloody good series that'll never be matched. The three latter specials are still better than most other comedy series these days - no, actually all comedy series.

The Green Green Grass didn't match it - not that I expected it to. Yet, I still like that series (note like; not love). I will probably like Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Chips.

I wouldn't say no to another Only Fools comeback.

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Never
Medium answer: Henry shot me and stole my money. The bastard.

Quote: Leevil @ July 8 2009, 2:57 AM BST

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Never
Medium answer: Henry shot me and stole my money. The bastard.

Any reason? Or just anti-comebacks? Pleased

Quote: Robert D @ July 8 2009, 2:59 AM BST

Any reason? Or just anti-comebacks? Pleased

I love anti-comebacks and Uncle Zing!

So then... casting. Inbetweeners star... name has gone at the moment (long-haired one) playing a young Del. Mmmm, I'm not sure. It'll take someone really special to play Del in my mind.

Hi Rob, how you doing mate?

I shouldn't get your hopes up really, these things are always doomed to fall flat. You can't recapture the past. :(

We've had so many shows where they try to go back to an earlier time and they are all awful.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 3 2009, 12:15 AM BST

Hi Rob, how you doing mate?

I shouldn't get your hopes up really, these things are always doomed to fall flat. You can't recapture the past. :(

Fine thanks. :) You?

I got my hopes up with The Green Green Grass, suffered massive disappointment and ended up quite liking it in the end. (Even though the acting is terrible and the plots are a bit thin). I'm trying not to get my hopes up with this but it sounds quite good so... I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. :)

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 3 2009, 12:18 AM BST

We've had so many shows where they try to go back to an earlier time and they are all awful.

I have pretty much always loathed Last Of The Summer Wine. However, ironically I did enjoy the one-off prequel First Of The Summer Wine for some reason.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 3 2009, 12:25 AM BST

I have pretty much always loathed Last Of The Summer Wine. However, ironically I did enjoy the one-off prequel First Of The Summer Wine for some reason.

I love Last of the Summer Wine and "like" the prequel.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 3 2009, 12:25 AM BST

Hmm. I've never seen that. I'll have to look for it. That way I can say that not every prequel stinks...

They set it with the characters in their late teens/early 20s, during the war.

The characters in the prequel were fantastic... especially Foggy but it just didn't appeal to me. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 3 2009, 12:30 AM BST

They set it with the characters in their late teens/early 20s, during the war.

That could be potentially good... :)