Bad actors that ruin shows Page 3

Paul Nicholas in Just Good Friends. Acted off stage by the gorgeous Jan Francis and everyone else.

Unless we forget.

Got to disagree, Fozzie - I think Paul Nicholas was perfect in the role. Not necessarily a great acting performance, but a great performance.

She's great now, in Scrubs. But for a while, the 'new Becky' was reeeeeeeally bad in Roseanne.

Quote: Badge @ June 28 2009, 2:26 PM BST

Got to disagree, Fozzie - I think Paul Nicholas was perfect in the role. Not necessarily a great acting performance, but a great performance.

Are you insane man? How dare you have your own opinion :P

Quote: roscoff @ June 28 2009, 3:45 PM BST

Are you insane man? How dare you have your own opinion :P

Sorry, you're right.
:|

Quote: roscoff @ June 28 2009, 12:12 PM BST

Paul Nicholas in Just Good Friends. Acted off stage by the gorgeous Jan Francis and everyone else.

Unless we forget.

Sorry, Jan looked scrummy, but she had no gift for comedy, and most of the supporting cast were no more than adequate. Paul Nicholas tour de force performance totally held the show together.

Exits, pursued by a bear...

I can only truly enjoy the brilliantly written Coupling if I mentally filter out Jack Davenport's performance.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 28 2009, 6:49 PM BST

I can only truly enjoy the brilliantly written Coupling if I mentally filter out Jack Davenport's performance.

Ditto - a truly bad actor. Andrew Lincoln in Teachers was similarly terrible.

Paul Nicholas was good - it was Jan Francis who was terrible. She's the same in everything she is in i.e a snobby cow.

Quote: Dave @ June 28 2009, 7:47 PM BST

it was Jan Francis who was terrible. She's the same in everything she is in i.e a snobby cow.

hey just because she wouldn't sleep with you...

I wish people would stop mentioning coupling and Jan Francis in consecutive posts !

:P

The character of Jez from Gimme Gimme Gimme was particularly bad. Seemed to be nervous and shaking quite a lot in every episode of every series, or did he have parkinsons?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ June 28 2009, 6:49 PM BST

Aye, he's truly awful. The big speech when he talks about being a man is particularly painful to watch.

And the replacement 'Geoff' is similarly atrocious in the fourth series.

I like Jack Davenport's flick.

I know we're not talking about kids' TV, but for me, the worst ever "comedy" acting has to be by the entire cast of "Rentaghost" A truly dreadful show, I still can't believe that it lasted so long. Even as a kid, I couldn't bear to watch it, the performances were just embarrassing. Horrid, horrid stuff!