Baby Cow 3: Mini update Page 7

Quote: zooo @ August 16, 2007, 11:22 PM

As soon as people make it they should leave us losers behind.
It's only right and proper.

:O Don't reveal my evil plans

Jesus H. Christ.

I go on holiday, and come back to this..

By the time I got to page 6 I lost interest unfortunately, but it was no doubt, consistantly hilarious.

To say that this forum is about sitcoms there seems to be a fair few aspiring comedy writers without a sense of humour.

Good holiday?

What is a cheese merchant anyway? :S

Quote: DarrenF1970 @ August 18, 2007, 4:06 PM

What is a cheese merchant anyway? :S

Hi, I'm a cheese merchant. Hope that helps!

Sam, all I can say is keep us apprised, I for one want to know how you get on and how the whole process works. I just hope the "debate" hasn't put you off.

And if it isn't too much to ask, maybe put up a few snippets just to see what greatness looks like. Cheers

Quote: The Cheese Merchant @ August 18, 2007, 4:13 PM

Hi, I'm a cheese merchant. Hope that helps!

Tried to create a profile called 'The Ham Merchant' to respond to this, but the approval e-mail never came through. :(

Quote: Pilot @ August 18, 2007, 5:35 PM

And if it isn't too much to ask, maybe put up a few snippets just to see what greatness looks like. Cheers

I suspect his agreement with Baby Cow won't allow him to post any snippets.

Ah, well you live and learn, thanks for that.

Jeez, what's with all the sniping on this thread?

I do not consider anybody else here to be 'an enemy'. As far as I'm concerned this forum is a place for like minded comedy writers to group together and share experiences. If one person on this forum gets into the industry then I say more speed to thier elbows (or something). We're in a business of talent, timing and luck and sometimes getting the right combination or those things takes ages.

Let's face it, comedy writing (or indeed any kind of writing) is sometimes the most solitary activity in the world. It's good to have some back up sometimes.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 18, 2007, 6:00 PM

Tried to create a profile called 'The Ham Merchant' to respond to this, but the approval e-mail never came through. :(

I think 'The Pickle Poveyer' would have been better.

Quote: Keith Rees @ August 20, 2007, 1:46 AM

I think 'The Pickle Poveyer' would have been better.

Perhaps... but only if we knew what a 'poveyer' was.

You meant 'purveyor'... surely? ;)

Crikey... if you're attempting a snappy witticism...

Pedant!

Quote: Keith Rees @ August 20, 2007, 3:03 PM

Pedant!

I think you meant to say peasant :)

Quote: SlagA @ August 16, 2007, 11:30 AM

I've got to say that I always feel a great debt towards those people in the past and present that have contributed to what I am today. I'd like to think that if I ever (please please please) stepped up to the next rung that I would repay my gratitude by remembering those I owe and opening the door for others.

There are friends and talent here that I believe are on the rise. Hopefully they too will remember the cameraderie and tap us up, or at least point other directors /scouts in our direction.

That's interesting.

I would do that for someone I know via a forum (elsewhere on the net) who I know is a hugely talented writer - so maybe because I'm not a long-time resident of this particular forum I'm a bit detached.

Oh, and a cheese merchant is just an insult that I heard once and it made me laugh.

My overall point on here is that I think it's normal to curse someone who's doing well in your chosen field, if you're currently not. I think it's only natural.

I also don't think people should be giving away too many hints and leads because it may just backfire.