More than just a forum!

Does anyone else keep forgetting that the BCG is more than just a forum?

Does anyone else come here just for the forum? What are your BCG habits?

How is more than just than a forum?
I should know this I practically live here.

Message board containing numerous forums, actually.

Perhaps the longer standing BCG members should form a super group a la Band Aid and record a re-working of Boston's 'More Than A Feeling' entitled 'More than a Forum'? I'm not long standing but would be honoured to harmonise during the mid section for the idea.

This place will always be more than 'just a forum' to me, but for different reasons. :D

Isn't the original poster asking whether any BCG forum posters regularly visit other bits of the BCG site? Like searching sitcoms, seeing what's coming soon, checking out the new "make it" area?

I'll admit to finding the site through a Google search for a writing course, but nowadays I pretty much head straight to the forums.

OK, If we're being serious then I find the site a wonderful thing for many reasons, I've loved comedy from since I can remember and have written loads on and off for a good while without sending anything anywhere so I've no idea whether it's any good. I just love coming here for the decent people, the news, the advice and well, most all of it really. Most of all, for a serial procrastinator it's a thing of beauty.

Most of all, for a serial procrastinator it's a thing of beauty.

LOL Written at 2.34am! I would suggest perspective becomes blurred at this time of day.

My thoughts are that writing is a solitary existence and this forum is excellent vehicle to provide mutual encouragement, a form of industrial union (remember them?) to provide feedback and advice, and one of the few remaining internet sites with decent spelling and grammar.

Quote: Badge @ May 23 2009, 2:21 AM BST

Isn't the original poster asking whether any BCG forum posters regularly visit other bits of the BCG site? Like searching sitcoms, seeing what's coming soon, checking out the new "make it" area?

I'll admit to finding the site through a Google search for a writing course, but nowadays I pretty much head straight to the forums.

Badge hits the button!

I just come here to look at Aaron's avatar. Lovey

Quote: Leevil @ May 23 2009, 12:17 PM BST

I just come here to look at Aaron's avatar. Lovey

I mean, who doesn't?

I've pretty much moved away from writing sketches. At least for now which was the reason I joined. I originally came on here to see if there was a list of companies I could send my stuff to. However I still like this site but then I've never really been on any other! But it sounds like I hit the best one straight off ( Sick ) :D

I would like to see more people from outside the UK on here personally and not just ex-pats (no offence) because I think they can offer a different view on stuff like...I dunno...Porridge.

Quote: BeefyStu @ May 23 2009, 9:22 AM BST

one of the few remaining internet sites with decent spelling and grammar.

Pleased

Quote: Aaron @ May 23 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Pleased

Oh that's made it all worthwhile for Aaron and guaranteed another ten years of strict moderation! :S :P

There has seemed to be a lot of new members recently. Do you keep records of how many join each month Aaron?

We record the time each member joins, yes.