My first contribution

Here it is. A joint effort with a friend of mine.
I wouldn't say it's a sketch as such. Let me know what you think...

A kooky girl is sitting at her desk having just collected her lunch from the kitchen. In her grating, yet floaty, tone she openly ponders, "What do you think it's like when you close the fridge door? Do you think all the food gets on?"

A man, who's an idiotic sycophant, and whom constantly encourages this sort banal conversation replies, "I don't know. I really don't...That's a good one. Maybe they have an orgy?"

The girl laughs, this is exactly the sort of shit she wants to shovel, "I think the ham and cheese would be having a snog, on top of the cucumber." she giggles. "Oh, they would be, wouldn't they?" chirps the man. Unaware that he'd have used that reply to anything she'd suggested.

Another man sits near by. He's heard this sort of shit many a time before. It fills him with an uncontrollable rage, yet he is compelled to listen.

"I don't think it would all be peaches and cream in there." muses the girl, blissfully unaware of the food pun she has just made. "I think there would be a bit of tension."

"Of course there would." is the automated response from the first man.

"Of course, of course there would, you f**king prick." the second man thinks to himself.

The girl continues. "I don't think the quiche and that jar of Japanese mushrooms would have much to say to each other. It could get nasty."

"Oh, it could reallly kick off!" the first man replies.

"It'd be like school. You could say, there's going to be a scrap between the mushrooms and the quiche." says the girl, picking up the pace.

"Yeah, you could say there's going to be a right tear up." says the man even more enthusiastically.

The girl stumbles, "You could say...you could...say."

There is a prolonged pause, punctuated with 'umms' and 'errs' whilst both try and fail to think of something to say.

"You could say," shouts the second man, standing up, "You could say, that the shittake is about to hit the flan."

The idiots burst into laughter, "You are so crazy!" says the girl to the second man, "I love it. Brilliant!"

The second man sits down and fantasizes about stabbing himself in the eye with a pencil.

I'm not sure what this is, but it's unusual and entertaining.

As a speech in a sitcom or part of a standup routine it could be quite fun.

No jokes but it's neat, pacy and strong characters.

Good idea about the food having their own world when the fridge door shuts, I can potential there.
I think you may be over-explaining things, maybe lose the lines like 'blissfully unaware of the food puns' etc. Let the dialogue tell the story.

I think if this is read as a verbatim speach it could be quite fun.

But as a shooting script it wouldn't work.

I did something similar with Daily Mail Tales of Mystery and Imagination.

The initial idea of how food would get on when a fridge door is closed is good but I'm not so keen on the rest.

I threw a little paddy and deleted this post.

And he's back.

Seems that way. :)

Like I say. He's back.

Sorry, not playing.

Quote: WoodMeister @ May 8 2009, 7:56 AM BST

INT. OFFICE KITCHEN/DINING AREA. DAY

A GIRL (DRESSED IN TIE-DYE MONSTROSITIES AND AN APPALLING HAT) COLLECTS HER LUNCH FROM FRIDGE AND SITS DOWN NEXT TO MAN 1 (WHO IS AN IDIOT). MAN 2 SITS NEARBY, TRYING TO IGNORE THEM WHILE HE READS HIS PAPER.

GIRL: What do you think it's like when you close the fridge door? Do you think all the food gets on?

MAN 1: That's a good one. Maybe they have an orgy?"

GIRL: (LAUGHS) I think the ham and cheese would be having a snog, on top of the cucumber.

MAN 1: Yeah they would, wouldn't they? (LAUGHS IDIOTICALLY)

MAN 2 TRIES TO CONTROL HIS RAGE AT BEING CONFINED IN A SMALL ROOM WITH HIS IDIOTIC COLLEAGUES.

GIRL: There's a lot of different food in there though, I think there could be a bit of tension.

MAN 1: Tension, yeah.

MAN 2 ROLLS HIS EYES AND TRIES TO FOCUS ON HIS PAPER.

GIRL: I don't think the quiche and that jar of Japanese mushrooms would have much to say to each other. It could get nasty.

MAN 1: Oh yeah, it could really kick off! (LAUGHS IDIOTICALLY)

GIRL: It'd be like school. You could say, 'there's going to be a scrap between the mushrooms and the quiche!'.

MAN 1: Yeah, fight...fight...fight!

GIRL: You could say...you could...say...

PROLONGED PAUSE, PUNCTUATED WITH 'Uums' AND 'Errs'.

MAN 2: (FURIOUS) You could say, that 'the shittake is about to hit the flan!!'

GIRL AND MAN 1 ARE SHOCKED INTO SILENCE. MAN 2 EXITS, MUTTERING TO HIMSELF.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

Nice. This works well.