Nightingales Page 3

Quote: Huge Bear @ April 23 2009, 5:40 PM BST

Anybody here??

Only do the nightshift.

This is me being a uber-nerd (purely because I'm writing the episode guide on Nightingales) but has anyone else noticed that the security number on Carter's, Bell's and Sarge's blazers is 3.3.3.

Great series, absolute maddness! "Get his trousers down! Get his trousers down!"

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ April 22 2009, 8:31 AM GMT

The first series of Nightingales was in production when I went to work at Alomo, and we all felt it was something particularly special. Paul Makin, who sadly died last year too young, was a genuinely original voice, who turned out to be too original to be commissioned in later years. He co-wrote a show with his friend Geoff Rowley about ballroom dancing called Taking the Floor, and his last broadcast series was called Grownups, which was about a group of friends from university stalled in later life.

Taking The Floor featured a pre-Game On Matthew Cottle

Ordered Nightingales this week just seen first two episodes but I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. I like Robert Lindsay's line 'I wonder what... is doing tonight'

Fav ep off the top of my head is when they each take it turns to be hypnotised. They each put on the dinner jacket for no reason. Nice!

Quote: greensville @ December 5 2009, 9:21 PM GMT

Fav ep off the top of my head is when they each take it turns to be hypnotised. They each put on the dinner jacket for no reason. Nice!

Trouble in Mind is the episode name. Is where being Bell is convicted of the rape of a horse in a public park. And they call this a comedy.

Quote: James Cotter @ April 23 2009, 4:35 PM GMT

No I am not like Jamsie who's a chronic serial philanderer and self-described 'scumbag'. I don't think there's many like Jamsie. And I did know about him, I'm a big fan of Rab C Nesbitt, I grew up watching it and I'm looking forward to a new series.

I know more than one Jamsie - it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Back on topic, Nightingales is one of my all time favourites. I would have been 12 when the first series aired and I had never seen anything quite like it :) .

Quote: MIKIE @ December 8 2009, 2:26 PM GMT

Nightingales is one of my all time favourites. I would have been 12 when the first series aired and I had never seen anything quite like it :) .

Well the first episode was aired on the day I was born.

Quote: greensville @ December 5 2009, 9:21 PM GMT

Just watched that episode, barmy reminded me of Python a bit :D

Quote: peter gazzard @ December 13 2009, 7:02 PM GMT

Just watched that episode, barmy reminded me of Python a bit :D

Excellently performed that episode.

Quote: James Cotter @ December 13 2009, 7:03 PM GMT

Excellently performed that episode.

Yep, gd timing

Watched the last episode earlier, definitely rounded things up well I thought

Quote: peter gazzard @ December 16 2009, 1:26 PM GMT

Watched the last episode earlier, definitely rounded things up well I thought

Someone to Watch Over Me is one of the best episodes although there all good. It's a surreal end to a surreal programme but as you say it does round things off very well in such a original and memorable way.

I think it was more of an attempt to try something different in comedy that it will be remembered for. It was a very brave series, some enjoyable episodes, some not so good. I preferred the first series myself. I quite liked it.

Needs a DVD release