Hamlet 2

Has anyone seen this? I just saw the trailer on a DVD and it looks - well - not very good. I'm a big fan of Coogan though it has to be said.

Is the film as bad as the trailer suggests? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giBWNkRta5o

I've seen it. It was awful.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 21 2009, 11:56 PM BST

I've seen it. It was awful.

How?

Unfunny, dull, shit story, and some bad acting.

It's awful and Steve "chameleon" Coogan seems to be playing an American, big whoop.

That's strange, all the American reviews I've heard have been glowing.

Quote: David Bussell @ April 22 2009, 11:28 AM BST

Yeah, I've read some not bad reviews of it. The worst thing about sounds the awful title.

Most of the reviews I've read have been great. Plus it's written by Pam Brady, so it must be worth seeing.

I watched it and really liked it. I thought it was really funny. I watched it with a friend who had no idea who Coogan was but finished watching the movie saying he thought the actor was really good. When I told him he was British he actually didn't believe me so I showed him a piece from Partridge to which he was unimpressed. Laughing out loud

Yeah, good reviews it seems. I'll have to watch it.

Maybe it's just the trailer that threw me. It reminded me of one of those corny trailers you used to get on old eighties VHS movies.

Ok, go ahead, don't say I didn't warn you. Oh, and if you like it, pretend I never said anything. :P

And blame me if you don't like it. Go ahead, I don't mind.

I bought this last week, duped by the involvement of Catherine Keener and the co-producers/co-writer of the South Park and Team America movies (Pam Brady and some geezer). It sucked ass.

When I had the DVD in my hand I was so excited everything about it appealed to me. But it was a really poor film and was so bored throughout.

Quote: David Bussell @ April 22 2009, 3:28 PM BST

It's because they're all written in luminesent ink.