Names for sketch shows

The name of a sketch show pretty much sums up what it's about - "The Wrong Door" for instance describes walking straight into leftfield and what you expect to find there!

Does anyone else have an ideal and fitting name for the material they would hope to present?

One I had for all the ill-fitting material not belonging anywhere else is "The Square Hole"

'BBC Three Sketch Shows Suck Donkey Dick' is my best title...and the great thing about the title is that it's transferable - 'ITV2 Sketch Shows Suck Donkey Dick' or even 'CBBC Sketch Shows Suck Donkey Dick and Dom In Their Shit Covered Bungalow'

On a slightly more serious note, my favourite sketch show of all time is 'Big Train' which seemed to have nothing at all to do with the content of the programme.

Using the above formula, you could come up with a sketch show title using the following - random adjective + random noun = show title.

Here's some off the top of my head - 'Flying Eggs', 'Homeless Octupi' and er, 'Renegade Carpark'.

Sweetly Copulating Like A Purple Termite.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 15 2009, 12:36 AM BST

On a slightly more serious note, my favourite sketch show of all time is 'Big Train' which seemed to have nothing at all to do with the content of the programme.

I always thought that came from the sketch about the new railway line, where Simon Pegg was demonstrating to Amelia Bullmore with a map of the UK and a model train and the scale was confusing her.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 15 2009, 12:20 PM BST

I always thought that came from the sketch about the new railway line, where Simon Pegg was demonstrating to Amelia Bullmore with a map of the UK and a model train and the scale was confusing her.

According to wikipedia:

Although a sketch about a train being pushed by a giant appeared in the first series, the actual title of the show is derived from the song run during the credits, of which the writers were fond enough to name the show after it. The song "Big Train" was recorded by Max Greger and his Orchestra. This has since been adopted for a commercial by Virgin Trains.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ April 15 2009, 12:20 PM BST

This one

Quote: dannyjb1 @ April 15 2009, 12:29 PM BST

This one

Laughing out loud One of my favourite sketches ever.

Thatcher Bukake.

or maybe Thatcher's funeral, every one would pay for a ticket to that.

The politically correct mulitcoloured inclusive minstrel show.

Must go on.

Quote: sootyj @ April 15 2009, 2:19 PM BST

Thatcher Bukake.

or maybe Thatcher's funeral, every one would pay for a ticket to that.

The politically correct mulitcoloured inclusive minstrel show.

Must go on.

My sitcom is called Thatchers Children, small world!

'Come again?'

Useful to let the audience know they won't understand the gag...at least not the first time anyway. It also asks them whether they want to watch the next episode.

How about...

Fat Bloke.

(I'm actually being serious)

Also...

Years ago, I planned a sketch show called Frigid Cheesecake, but I never bothered with it in the end.

...and stuff.

The witty musings of pedros and friends. If he had any.

Quote: pedros @ April 15 2009, 9:30 PM BST

The witty musings of pedros and friends. If he had any.

Witty musings or friends? :P

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ April 15 2009, 4:20 PM BST

My sitcom is called Thatchers Children, small world!

It certainly is!

Thatcher's Children
by Trevor Griffiths
1st Produced: 1993
Company:
Theatre Royal, Bristol, UK

1st Published:
Faber & Faber, London. also published in Trevor Griffiths Theatre Plays 2
Spokesman Books, Nottingham, 2007