Rowan Atkinson

I've always admired Rowan Atkinson, i think hes a great phsyical comedian and has impecable timing, he has done a lot of work in his career my favorite is Mr. Bean, that may show my mental age, but the acting is just so spot on, and what happens is always just so funny, i thought Jonny English was a very good film and Blackadder was superb and who can forget, thin blue line, these are my favorites, what are yours? :)

Blackadder and Not the Nine O'Clock News. For these two shows, he deserves his place amongst the great comedy actors but I feel that he has lost it in recent years. I didn't like Bean and hated that f**king awful Johnny English film.

Johnny English was quite good, but below-par when put alongside his previous work. Bean is so superbly sculpted, I can't fault it (the TV shows, that is - the film was good, but not as perfect).
Black Adder is obvious genius, as is Not The Nine O'Clock News. The Thin Blue Line, truly an underrated classic.

But Thomps is right; he's lost his way of late, which is unfortunate. Hopefully something else will come along soon for him.

i've always thought he was great. blackadder and mr. bean. super. thought jonney english was quite funny in places. i guess it wasnt going to be as great as it had differnt target audience and stuff. ah well.

I didnt like Johnny English so much-my favourites were The Thin Blue Line and Blackadder

Bean is my least favourite genre of Atkinson, but almost everything else he's done I've loved.

Especially him in that gorilla suit with Mel Smith.

What did you think of him in Rat Race?

Bean was a - and please forgive the term - a spastic character and not funny. Rowan Atkinson was on the top of his game in 'Not The 9 O'clock News' but afterwards spent too much of his time with Ben Elton to really to make a difference, comedy wise. Look at what Ricky Gervais has achieved, for instance. At the very least they are on a par with each other but only one has gone on to conquer America.

Atkinson’s one man show was excellent but it never really moved on from ‘Not’. Johnny English was alright in a university revue sort of way but if we’re being totally honest here, it was nothing more than an extended half hour sitcom which I thought was above average but nothing more.

Rowan Atkinson could and should have been one of the greats of British comedy but instead he’s settled for mediocrity and Ben Elton. How very sad.

Quote: Baumski @ December 26, 2006, 11:50 AM

At the very least they are on a par with each other but only one has gone on to conquer America.

which ones that then?

Quite. Bean is a huge hit globally. Just look at the success of the first movie! If we're talking one OR the other, then I'd argue that Rowan is the one who's conquered America.

I LOVE Blackadder and The Thin Blue Line.

He's a brilliant comic performer. perhaps a little underrated

Underrated? Really?

Or overrated
I'm easy

He's making Johnny English 2 at the moment...

Nuff said.