Writing Workshop at Beeb Page 3

Quote: Ben @ March 6 2009, 12:37 PM GMT

Apart from the film crew. I've bagged a place as the fluffer. :)

Yes, yes.... very funny you gits.

As much as I'd like to believe that, upon my arrival at the Beeb, I would be greeted by a leering mentalist with my face tattooed on his chest and led to a room with 459 photos of me taped to the wall, it ain't going to happen. Probably because I'll never make it to London in the first place if the 'trains' are replaced by sheep-powered carts over Easter.

Quote: Pripyat @ March 6 2009, 12:13 PM GMT

Am I the only one on here going to the 13 April RFTP workshop...??

No, I'm going to that one, assuming I can get there. I'll probably have to start walking now.

Wooo! Thank God.

RFTP Workshop on Monday was v. good. Consisted of:

Couple of pep talks; mixing with other writers; pitching and writing sketch ideas in a short timescale; getting feedback; re-writing; watching sketches performed live; getting drunk. Kudos to the workshop runners who did a great job with feedback and performing the sketches.

Interesting fact: BSG was mentioned in one of the talks (in the sense of "someone on BSG" blah blah blah, and "who is on BSG?") and it turned out there were loads of BSG lurkers at the workshop. You know who you are!

Yep, I was a lurker. But the workshop has made me feel like there are other people in the world like me so I'm coming out the closet !!

I also thought the workshop was great, if we could do this kind of stuff every week, or month it would be even better (and then maybe broadcast it at the end)

Hope today's workshop went well.

I had a transport nightmare, missed my train and was a no-show. Apart from money down the drain and the holiday from work lost (no, I don't get Bank Holidays), I had managed to rope a couple of London-based mates to come along to the performance later too. Gutted isn't quite the word.

I've already asked to see if I can sneak into the last workshop, but if not, well, further evidence that I should probably just move to f**king London.

Quote: Pripyat @ April 13 2009, 5:04 PM BST

Hope today's workshop went well.

I had a transport nightmare, missed my train and was a no-show. Apart from money down the drain and the holiday from work lost (no, I don't get Bank Holidays), I had managed to rope a couple of London-based mates to come along to the performance later too. Gutted isn't quite the word.

I've already asked to see if I can sneak into the last workshop, but if not, well, further evidence that I should probably just move to f**king London.

I've been wondering where you are. Then I realise I don't know you and stop wondering. ;)

Been good so far? Aside from the fact I wasn't there to create periods of awkward silence after pitching some of my nuggets of 'comedy gold', that is..?