Wendy Richard dies Page 2

Still and all: Aw. Teary

Quote: Richard Wells @ February 26 2009, 2:51 PM GMT

Very sad to hear Wendy has died.

She also had a no1 hit in the 1960s with Mike Sarne, Come Outside.

Oddly enough, I listened to that on sunday. Hadn't heard it for years. And now she's dead.

I'm going to listen to Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Timmy Mallet and Bombalurina next.

RIP

Quote: Afinkawan @ February 26 2009, 3:25 PM GMT

I'm going to listen to Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Timmy Mallet and Bombalurina next.

Aweeeesome.

Well the BBC have moved fast.

There will be a tribute to her on BBC One at 8.00pm tonight following EastEnders.

Do they make specials in advance just in case?

Yes, I should definitely think so.
Especially as she has been very ill for a while.

Very sad news, but I suppose it is better than her suffering in great pain due to the cancer. Weird really, I was only watching her in an episode of Dad's Army yesterday. RIP Wendy, shame Jimmy Beck died so young, otherwise we may have seen her make a few more appearances as Shirley.

Quote: Balf @ February 26 2009, 5:45 PM GMT

I kinda have the feeling they have done with her, because it's cancer and incurable. So her death was inevitable.

Yes.

And what a great little tribute show it was.

To people who think she was only Miss Brahms or Pauline Fowler, think again as she played lots of other roles.

Definitely a sad loss.

I have it from an impeccable source that the lighting of Westminster Abbey was rehearsed for the funeral of the Queen Mother just to be ready whenever.

Then Diana ('Bury me in a Y shaped coffin') died and the same plans were already there for her funeral !

And yes, so, so sad about Wendy.

Come Outside at the 6th Form disco . . . happy (ier) days.

:(

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 26 2009, 11:36 PM GMT

Diana ('Bury me in a Y shaped coffin')

:D

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 26 2009, 11:36 PM GMT

. . . happy (ier) days.
:(

Yer, when you could go out and leave yer front door open; then come home and find your personal computer was still intact. Ooops, I forgot, they didn't didn't have personal computers in them good ole 'happy (ier) days' did they? Or did they?

Answers please, on a postcard to: 'Living In The Past' P.O. Box .....

Quote: Morrace @ February 27 2009, 12:52 AM GMT

Yer, when you could go out and leave yer front door open; then come home and find your personal computer was still intact. Ooops, I forgot, they didn't didn't have personal computers in them good ole 'happy (ier) days' did they? Or did they?

Answers please, on a postcard to: 'Living In The Past' P.O. Box .....

You don't know what you don't know.