Bilko

Does anybody know if there are repeats of Bilko on on sky or the Beeb or anywhere?

BBC used to have it many years ago (late nights) and I once caught one about a year or so ago on BBC 2 during the day.

This show was the biz and I'd love to see them again. It was sharp and brilliantly played and written.

Still holds up against most of today's stuff. Timeless.

I have my finger poised over the Sky+ record button in hope and will pop off to Amazon to see what the DVD situation is.

EDIT:

Wow! Amazon curently doing 50th Anniversary DVD (21 episodes 3 DVDs) for £5.98!! Same is in HMV and VIrgin at £29.99.

Just ordered mine.

See Amazon product listing

Wow, yeah, that IS a good deal! Might have to get it myself, thanks! :)

I've been hoping for BBC2 to repeat, to see what the fuss is about.

Ordered. Along with a couple of others to bump it up over £15. :)

It's been on recently.
Can't for the life of me remember what channel though.

[/helpful]

Thanks Zooo

That narrows it down a bit :P :P

You can't say no at that price Aaron

Never one of my favourites but OK to watch if it's on.

I much preferred Top Cat (Boss Cat here for a while when the cat food was available).

Wow - awesome - thanks for the heads up. I only really got into Bilko just as the BBC ended their repeat run so I've been waiting for a chance to absorb them properly.

Probably their 500th repeat run.

Cheers for the link Blenky. Well, that's me sorted. I just couldn't resist and have now ordered my copy. Actually, for the price, there seems to be a lot of extras which make it even better value.

Time to bump this what with all the new types around here.

Just been watching these and they have lost none of their magic for me.

Picture quality of transfers is pretty impressive too compared to some of the early Steptoe and Dad's Armys. The ones that I've been watching look as fresh as a daisy still.

Nat Hiken claimed to be the world's greatest procrastinator, there's hope for us all there surely.

If I remember rightly Car 54 Where Are You was created by Nat Hiken(features Joe E Ross who played Ridzik in Bilko and a pre-Munsters Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis). Didnt Joe E Ross used to say 'Oo Oo' a lot if memory serves

This looks like a good deal!

SGT. BILKO DVD COLLECTION 142 EPISODES 18 DVDS

$ 39.99

http://tinyurl.com/q5ma9w

Quote: Morrace @ May 16 2009, 10:52 PM BST

This looks like a good deal!

SGT. BILKO DVD COLLECTION 142 EPISODES 18 DVDS

$ 39.99

http://tinyurl.com/q5ma9w

So that's about £26 plus free shipping ?

Looks like a classic Bilko scam to me but if anyone is brave enough please let me know !!!

:P