Anyone else alone on Valentine's?

I did have a date arranged, but just received a text from her calling it off :-(

So that just leaves me and my Steptoe & Son boxset.

That's really not on cancelling on V-Day! Grrrrrrr

I'm alone for valentines day now :( Both of them. (I actually arranged ANOTHER valentines day to coincide with when my friend came to stay... but she isn't coming now :( )

Just me my self and I.

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ February 13 2009, 4:00 PM GMT

I did have a date arranged, but just received a text from her calling it off :-(

Consider it a lucky escape. It's mean to do it that close to the time.

Quote: sootyj @ February 13 2009, 4:08 PM GMT

Just me my self and I.

Well you're not exactly *alone* then...

Quote: Lord Meldrum @ February 13 2009, 4:00 PM GMT

Don't go out on a date Harold.
Stay at home.
:D :D

Still I suppose Valentines day must be the easiest day to spot who's single if you go out on the pull.

I have Buster, Elliott and my cupboards are full. No alone here. :D

Evil! Evil!

Never on all my years on this planet have I recieved a single card, and somehow have always managed to be single on V-day, and sometimes it was a close run thing.

Teary

I was so very nearly not single on valentines day this year... *sigh*

Just me and Wedge. But being as how Wedge is a male rat well into his 3rd year of life... oh well.

Me and the missus will be celebrating Valentine's Day in the traditional way...going out for a nosh-up, me getting drunk then attempting copulation but failing miserably then falling asleep in front of Star Trek.

Ah, the romance of it alll...

Quote: Lee Henman @ February 13 2009, 5:01 PM GMT

Me and the missus will be celebrating Valentine's Day in the traditional way...going out for a nosh-up, me getting drunk then attempting copulation but failing miserably then falling asleep in front of Star Trek.

Ah, the romance of it alll...

Course you'll celebrating! Celebrating all those bloody cards sold!

:)

Quote: Marc P @ February 13 2009, 5:03 PM GMT

Course you'll celebrating! Celebrating all those bloody cards sold!

:)

Heh heh heh you knows it baby

Quote: dannyjb1 @ February 13 2009, 4:30 PM GMT

Evil! Evil!

Never on all my years on this planet have I recieved a single card, and somehow have always managed to be single on V-day, and sometimes it was a close run thing.

Teary

I don't celebrate it either and I've never sent a card - except one 1970s one with a corny illustration of a woman that looked vaguely liked me I found in a dusty cornershop, that I sent for a laugh. I only used to get sent very smutty cards with crude messages :(.

I like personal anniversaries, but like to do something a bit different like paintballing, but this Valentine thing is so bloody forced. I can imagine all those couples sitting in restaurants with nothing to say to each other, or the men who spend a £5 on Tescos special offer of a red rose and a box of chocs and then spend the rest of the year kicking the shit out of their girlfriend.