britcom fans in, yes: germany

hey there! allow me to introduce myself: I'm an editor of TITANIC (look here, although you will probably not understand a word: www.titanic-magazin.de - I'm the guy who does the online business, too), the one and only, you won't believe it: german satire magazine, which exists since 1797, nonsense: 1979, and sells just under 80 000 copies a month. furthermore I'm really fond of british comedy, therefore I got me this blog: www.britcoms.de - britcoms are just so much funnier than german so called comedy on TV, and I know quite some titanic fans who think the same.

i just wanted to say hello to everybody here - may be there is some other well hidden german guy out there just like me who loves british comedy: I would really love them to have a look at my blog and say hello too.

cheers!

I'm a big fan of Türkisch für Anfänger - when I can get a translated episode!

Our very own Finck is a German girlie.

And uhh, welcome to the site!

(Please use capital letters and all that though. S'in the rules. Makes things infinitely easier to read!)

Wave

Hello. :)

Türkisch für Anfänger - really? How come you even know about this? To be honest I've never seen it.

Welcome!

Hiya! Wave

guten Abend Herr Pelzer :-)

Quote: Pelzer @ February 12 2009, 2:49 PM GMT

Britcoms are just so much funnier than German so called comedy on TV, and I know quite some titanic fans who think the same.

Welcome Pelzer, I did some 'so called comedy' TV sketches for 'Harald und Eddie' and 'Samstag Nacht' in the mid 1980s. Am I to blame, I wonder? Surely not.

My sister's in Germany on her exchange visit. And it's her birthday today, so she rang nice and early to tell everyone here.

Just had a quick browse of your site - Outnumbered has hit Germany! Yay! We must make Ramona Marquez known all over the world.

Quote: Pelzer @ February 12 2009, 6:14 PM GMT

Türkisch für Anfänger - really? How come you even know about this? To be honest I've never seen it.

Like I said, Finck. A lovely German girl who is also a member. (Although not posting much these days, damn her.) :)

Quote: Morrace @ February 12 2009, 9:59 PM GMT

Welcome Pelzer, I did some 'so called comedy' TV sketches for 'Harald und Eddie' and 'Samstag Nacht' in the mid 1980s. Am I to blame, I wonder? Surely not.

Thanks for your warm welcomes everybody. - No, sure, Morrace, you're not. The German problems are lying deeper, I guess. It is a question of mentality (the clue is in mental, ha ha!), history, the structures throughout the whole TV industry - quite many flaws, and not the least one is, that there are such different colours of humor from Bavaria to Cologne and from cities to small towns. I think. But am not sure, of course.

Hello Pelzer. Welcome!