The state of British sitcoms Page 4

Yes, Father Ted was brilliant, and much of Black Books (although episodes were a bit "off"). And Alan Partridge, of course. Coupling was very American-ised. Everybody drinking coffee on a couch etc.

Backtracking Dave?

Good shows come and go; Black Books, Hitchhikers Guide, Dad's Army, Taxi, Friends.

All shows I loved over a long period of time and both sides of the pond.

Sepia vision can be to kind to history.

The 1980s was my decade of kid memory, so literaly any show with puff ball skirts, mullets, Ian Dury sound tracks and a BBC computer has my vote.

And that's completely unfair and unreasonable of me.

I listen to HairCut100 and by any reasonable measure they suck.

I'm not so deluded and vain as to pretend that era was better, it's just where my memory's happy place is.

Jeez I even play Speccy 48k emulator games, my 1980s self would take one look at my Xbox 360 and call me a wanker.

What is wrong with you Griff?? You want a virtual fight? Go punch yourself in a mirror, I'm not interested, all you do is try and cause trouble.

I was making a comment re the way Dave had gone from denying all sitcoms since the 1980s to admitting a few after that may have been good, is that clear enough for you?

Now go and attempt to bully someone who gives a shit.

Edited by Aaron.

I would think Griff's qualm was with the snidey, goading nature of your post.

And put to someone so pathetically confrontational at the merest provocation, his question seemed an apt one.

Snidey goading nature? How do you read that into what I posted I am amazed? You and Griff are obviously in the same clique....this forum obviously not the place for anyone not in the clique, I will remove myself, before I am banned, thanks for nothing.

Edited by Aaron.

Wave

Come on Nora, hold on a mo. Don't go a-banning yourself. Just be a bit more respectful of other opinions and tone down some of the bile. I'm not saying everyone else is bile free or respectful all the time, by the way. But the more opinions there are the better, if they are put in the right way.

Quote: nora @ January 11 2009, 10:15 PM GMT

Snidey goading nature? How do you read that into what I posted I am amazed?

In the words of John McEnroe...

You can not be serious?

Quote: nora @ January 11 2009, 10:15 PM GMT

Edited by Aaron.

This did add a certain poignancy to that post. ;)

Quote: nora @ January 11 2009, 8:10 PM GMT

I was making a comment re the way Dave had gone from denying all sitcoms since the 1980s to admitting a few after that may have been good ...

What are you talking about? I said in my initial post on the topic that there have been a few sitcoms like One Foot in the Grave and dinnerladies that have reached the heights of the "golden era", and in addition, Father Ted, Alan Partridge (only the second series) and the first two series of Black Books. I neglected to mention The Thin Blue Line too. But even then it's hardly a lot.

Hey am I in the clique?

I always wanted to be in a clique.

Quote: sootyj @ January 11 2009, 10:25 PM GMT

Hey am I in the clique?

If you have to ask, you're not. Get out of this thread!

Quote: sootyj @ January 11 2009, 10:25 PM GMT

Hey am I in the clique?

I think a clinic would be be more suitable for you. ;)

You are such a wannabe.