Funny Cards. Page 2

Quote: Darryl @ January 5 2009, 5:44 PM GMT

Do you do the outside aswell - or just the words?

I've got a good one...

"Condolences".

Thankyou.

Dunno, I don't write 'em.

For anyone interested, just found this.

http://www.moneymagpie.com/article/write-for-greeting-cards/19

Hallmark cards have a competion starting January 12th where you submit a funny
photo and joke/verse, www.hallmarkcontests.com Also www.graphichumour.com will llook at your funny verses etc.Click on the contact us for details.

I reckon there's a gap in the market for humourous sympathy cards. I've come up with a couple of ideas;

Like on the front it reads "Sorry to hear you've lost a loved one" and inside it says "Have you tried looking down the back of the sofa?!"

Because things get lost down the back of the sofa. It's funny because it's true. It could also come with a badge that features a crying face or a coffin or something and the words "Grieving Today" or "Don't mind me I'm mourning!".

What do you reckon? I might invest a couple of grand running up a few thousand and see how they sell...

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 5 2009, 6:30 PM GMT

I reckon there's a gap in the market for humourous sympathy cards. I've come up with a couple of ideas;

Like on the front it reads "Sorry to hear you've lost a loved one" and inside it says "Have you tried looking down the back of the sofa?!"

Because things get lost down the back of the sofa. It's funny because it's true. It could also come with a badge that features a crying face or a coffin or something and the words "Grieving Today" or "Don't mind me I'm mourning!".

What do you reckon? I might invest a couple of grand running up a few thousand and see how they sell...

I like it. :D

I made my own Christmas cards this year. At least I took the photo and someone printed fifty of them off, stuck them on white cards with red envelopes and only charged me a tenner!

:)

What was the picture?

Was it you and the family in festive jumpers seated about the Christmas tree?

Simply fantastic !!

You could expand it to include people who have died in tragic accidents: 'Sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one, but hey, at least the mortgage is paid.'

:P

Quote: zooo @ January 5 2009, 5:41 PM GMT

...Do they really have your name on the back?

Or are you doing one of them joke things.

No they really do.

:O
Funny idea! Nobody would buy them of course, but still...

funny idea! :D

Quote: Lee Henman @ January 5 2009, 8:28 PM GMT

No they really do.

Coooooool.

Where can I send some of my (crap) ideas to?

There are links which tell you that in this very thread!

Quote: zooo @ January 5 2009, 11:30 PM GMT

There are links which tell you that in this very thread!

Ahhh just saw them, thanks

:)