Green Wing Appreciation Thread Page 3

I love Green Wing if only for the insults or weird comments you can use in everyday conversation.

I don't know if you can swear in these posts or if it will get deleted but I love Dr Alan Statham on discovering he is beyond the law flipping the finger and shouting 'You bloody f**ksies!' I defy you to not want to use that at every available opportunity!

Of course you can f**king well swear! :)

Oh goodie because some boards are really mean and swearing taken in context can be a beautiful thing, like music for the troubled soul. There's nothing I like more than a good rant with random swearing thrown in for comic effect. Hurrah for BSG forums - I may have just found my spiritual home!

I cant express how much I love Green Wing, and how excited I am about the special! I hope its not on too late as it is a school night after all

Green Wing absolutely rocks!!!

I have only recently discovered it, by accident, seeing the last couple of episodes of the 2nd series and wondering what the hell I found during my channel surfing (I had never heard of it prior to that). I was just getting into the swing of it when the series ended. However, the following week, Series One episode one screened, with the rest of the episodes being screened late every week night for a couple of weeks. I have now ordered the DVDs of both episodes from Amazon Uk - they don't seem to be available in my part of the world - can't wait for them to arrive.

It is just brilliant comedy - how those actors could play out those parts without bursting into laughter I don't know. They all play their parts so well, I'm hard pushed to pick a favourite. Fantastic entertainment for those who don't always take life too seriously!

Now bring on the 'Special' and hopefully, but most unlikely, series 3.

So I haven't read the previous posts, I'm too tired dammit!

As much as I like Green Wing, is it really good enough to have it's own forum?

I always thought it was too long at 50minutes, I think? I always hoped they would cut it down to 25 minutes and leave in the very best stuff, but parts seem to drag for me and sometimes started to lose interest.

Don't get me wrong, when it's good, it's very good but mostly it's just OK.

Oh My God!

After seeing that there was a whole sub-forum on this UK comedy I decided to hunt out a copy...

In HMV they had a boxset of series 1 & 2 for £45 or you could buy series 1 & 2 on their own for £12 each! Needless to say I chose the £24 option!

Having never seen (or heard about) this program before I did not know what to expect...

Bizarre, strange, Monty-Python-ish moments, odd, silly, weird and very, very funny are just some of the words I would use to describe this program!

So far I have just seen episodes 1-3 of the first series and can't understand how on earth I have never heard of this before!

:)

Is that £12 each in HMV? I hadn't noticed that. i'd been waiting for the price to come down.

If you want you can all club together and buy it for my birthday next week.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 18, 2007, 8:54 PM

Is that £12 each in HMV? I hadn't noticed that. i'd been waiting for the price to come down.

Yep! That's right, £12 each at HMV. I had a look in Woolworths and they were £20 each or £35 for the boxset of series 1&2.

:)

Quote: Leevil @ June 18, 2007, 3:22 PM

As much as I like Green Wing, is it really good enough to have it's own forum?

There's a huge number of people who use - used? - the site, and subscribed to the newsletters, almost entirely on the basis of Green Wing. And that is why.

Oh right... yeah it's a good show but for me, nothing special.

I never got into the show until two days ago I have finished the first series and am a big fan now. Guy is my favorite character.

I watched them all nw including the special. Very good werent to happy about mac getting with caroline but as guy said he'll get her at the wake even hough funeral is his strongest place.

hehe today my dad made a joke and poked me because everyone was silent- I said the "you cant make me laugh...by poking me..." line, and he just looked at me like I was crazy :$

Watched first 2 episodes of series 2.

Well shot, nice editing and effects. Some solid gags. The music is loud in the mix and bloody distracting. Heap plays a great part and the chopping and changing between scenes sometimes works well but can get quickly tiresome when overdone.

There were some shockingly feeble bits too. I'm thinking the girl who wants to get pregnant reading the stages of pregnancy. Joy, depression, fainting. So old hat (BlackAdder, Red Dwarf both did something identical) and badly performed by the actress. Her faint at the end was so overdone it broke the illusion that I'm watching a character and not some actress hamming it up.

But apart from that there's enough in it to make me watch the series through and I haven't thought that about a new comedy in a long while.