Best supporting character Page 2

Only Fools and Horses I suppose I can understand, what with the endless repeats and all, but Dad's Army? Come on! It's a classic! :O

I can only tolerate a handful of Dads Army but then again I prefer the lesser comedies like Watching, Second Thoughts as well as Birds Of A Feather and Waiting For God.

Saying that the bloke that always says Don't Panic in Dad's Army is a good supporting character

Ah yes, Jack Jones the Butcher. DEFINITELY a contender... ALlllthouuugh, he's probably more of a main character really. The excellent Hodges is a great supporting character though, without a doubt.

Re other shows, I don't think I've seen Watching. Hmm, I forget. Anyway. Second Thoughts is a bit better than Waiting For God, but pretty much the same for me really. Birds of a Feather is classic though. :)

Rimmer in Red Dwarf ... not the main character - Dave Lister is .. but Rimmer has some great lines and put downs.
I suppose Kryten amd even Cat are also great sidekicks too.

Mrs Doyle/Father Jack in Father Ted are brilliant.

IN 'BARBARA' I THOUGHT MARK(NOW VERY FAMOUS)BENTON AS MARTIN POND WAS HILARIOUS

Ah, Barbara. Not too bad a show that, but not genius.

NO NOT GENIUS AARON I AGREE MILDLY AMUSING I GUESS, AND COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER CONSIDERING THEY HAD A LOT OF WRITERS ON IT IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT

And rich radio parentage too, I believe.

Quote: Vulnax @ August 21, 2006, 8:06 PM

Rimmer in Red Dwarf ... not the main character - Dave Lister is .. but Rimmer has some great lines and put downs.
I suppose Kryten amd even Cat are also great sidekicks too.

I would't say Rimmer was a supporting character, it was definately a buddy show. Those 2 trapped together on a spaceship, needing each other but total opposites. Needing each other for sanity, but driving each other insane. The show wouldn't work without either. Plus he's the one that wiped everyone out.

Cool character though.

One supporting character that's had me in stitches recently is "Johnson" in Peep Show, he has some excellent lines.

Sophie:- Weren't you a bit harsh on Barbara, she went home in tears.

Johnson:- Hey, I'm just the doctor, I don't make the needles sharp.

I think Holly in Red Dwarf was more the supporting character. They were both great.

MAy I offer, then, Jeff in Coupling as a great supporting part?

Ooh, definitely. Jeff was the main reason anyone watched that, wasn't he?

I'd also suggest Rhys Thomas as Paul in Swiss Toni. Always the moron but some really funny lines.

Lyndon "the IT guy" Jones in Green Wing. Brilliance, pure brilliance.

How about Richmond the Goth in the IT Crowd !

and the security officer in Hyperdrive???