Red Planet 08 Page 2

It seems a lot of people have already heard back from Red Planet. Ah, well - the candle of hope is extinguished for another year.

http://jasonarnopp.blogspot.com/

That's lucky because I was gonna blag it if I got selected. I only had 20 minutes or so completed although loads of threads and ideas. And I've just remembered what it was about now.

I'm through to the next round! just gotta write the rest of the thing now! Anyone else had any success?

Quote: Ash Bayliss @ November 27 2008, 11:42 PM GMT

I'm through to the next round!

Congrats! How did you find out? Did they e-mail you? Have all the finalists been announced? Is there a list? Anything? :)

I got an email from them... telling me my entry wasn't shortlisted. And misspelling my entry's title.

Ooh yes, that always hurts.

well, it's usually my name people mess up, so I was quite surprised they got that right.

Phew - got my reject email too!

Got the spanish archer from Red Planet today.
I take some small satisfaction in that I , along with others it seems, had no idea where the rest of the piece was going and was rather shitting conkers at what to do if it got to the next round.
Hearty(-ish) congrats to those who got through.

It's Script Night: Renaissance next.

As one door closes , another one slams in your face...

Quote: Lazzard @ November 28 2008, 5:48 PM GMT

Got the spanish archer from Red Planet today.
I take some small satisfaction in that I , along with others it seems, had no idea where the rest of the piece was going and was rather shitting conkers at what to do if it got to the next round.
Hearty(-ish) congrats to those who got through.

It's Script Night: Renaissance next.

As one door closes , another one slams in your face...

What's that then? Have you got a link?

There's a link on WritersRoom and a thread about 20 posts down in this forum.
It's for pieces 5-10 mins that can be performed at some evening in Leeds - the theme is Rennaissance.
Swerytd got one in last time (they do a couple a year I think.)
Be warned, deadline is (this) Sunday,midnight!!!

Thanks - I'll take a look. That seems to be my limit - about 5-10 minutes.

Quote: Pilot @ November 28 2008, 4:57 PM GMT

well, it's usually my name people mess up

I know what you mean, one of the rejections for my novel had my name misspelled and that only made it worse. I haven't had an e-mail from Red Planet yet so I'm kinda nervous.

Me and my mate got an email saying we're through to the next round and could we send them the completed script asap. That when our elation turned to dread when we suddenly realised we hadn't looked at it since we sent out the synopsis! Ooops

Well done.
How long have they given you and do you have a hope in hell of getting it done in time?