Recorded For Training Purposes (Series 3) Page 9

I've got a couple of scripts knocking about somewhere (if the missus hasn't binned them) but they were the actual recording scripts, not electronic copies. And I have all of both series on mp3 which they kinldy sent us with the usual copyright notice.

Someone put a couple of sketches up on page 2 of this thread if you want a listen.

That animated thingy wasn't oneo of the sketches that got broadcast I don't think, it was just their online trailer.

Quote: Mr Beard @ November 9 2008, 3:27 PM GMT

I've written a script about miscommunication which I currently quite like (we'll see how long that lasts...) but am concerned it's not going to fit with what they're expecting.

Any thoughts?

Depends what it's about, really. If it's two people having a normal conversation in a pub and they're misunderstanding each other all the time, then it's probably out of the remit.

I'm very rusty as I haven't wrote for a long time now, but I actually feel like giving this one a try and submitting some stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Swery

Thanks to those who replied re: the miscommunication sketch. I think I'll just send it in and see what happens.

I have another question... are there any guidelines against certain words? I know radio is quite strict at times and I was wondering whether ass / arse would be allowed on the air?

I've searched to see if I could find an answer but to no avail I'm afraid.

"Keith Allen's f**king chutney" was also broadcast....

Oh, if that's the case then I can't see arse even being a slight issue! Cheers guys.

I've sent my three off.

Good luck to all who enter. :)

Me too. Not two minutes ago.

Good luck everyone!

Dan

Yes, good luck everyone! I've seen a few things that people are sending in and they're really good.

Does anyone know when the series is planned for?

I assume it will still be in the 11pm slot and arse should be fine I would have thought. I don't know for sure yet but I believe they are recording in December and are waiting for broadcast dates.

The producer apparently had a bit of an argument to get them to allow him to leave 'Keith Allen's f**king chutney' in, so don't assume you can get away with too much!

Quote: Ben @ November 14 2008, 8:17 AM GMT

Yes, good luck everyone! I've seen a few things that people are sending in and they're really good.

Does anyone know when the series is planned for?

Are you sending stuff in Ben?

IT'S SENT!

Hm. Haven't written anything yet. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. I wouldn't like to say at this point.

Why not? Beats waiting for Tilt and if you win it's a nice bit of kudos.

Quote: sootyj @ November 14 2008, 10:56 AM GMT

Why not? Beats waiting for Tilt and if you win it's a nice bit of kudos.

I'm just sceptical about what it actually gets you, having had things broadcast through this type of thing before, is all. Nice to get stuff broadcast, but a dead end it seems to me.

My, don't I sound like a misery!!