Why I love my mother Page 2

Not bad quite smooth.

Guiness is a bit light for my tastes.

When questioned about the American elections and Barack Obama, my mum said 'Isn't he from The A-Team?' Laughing out loud I laughed so hard!
Sorry for going slightly off topic :)

That'd make him BO Obama, is your mother a satirist?

Afraid not.. Just not very savvy!

Quote: Chickenoriental @ November 5 2008, 6:12 PM GMT

When questioned about the American elections and Barack Obama, my mum said 'Isn't he from The A-Team?' Laughing out loud I laughed so hard!
Sorry for going slightly off topic :)

Laughing out loud!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ November 5 2008, 9:34 AM GMT

I'm just kind of captivated by how lovely the handwriting is.

She's an English major and amateur artist. Her penmanship has actually gotten worse over the years.

I'm going to do *so* well if I actually get onto an English degree and have to hand write things then. :|

Quote: sootyj @ November 5 2008, 3:39 PM GMT

I like guiness and blackcurrant.

Do you even try? Guinness*

I do but I'm genuinely quite blind on repeated letters, even when I check.

Which I do honest.

Quote: Griff @ November 5 2008, 6:38 PM GMT

It always makes me laugh when you complain about words that Sooty has got nearly right. I mean he was almost there with that, just one letter missing and a capitalisation error. Yet when he posts swathes of random keystrokes that not even Alan Turing could decode you turn a blind eye.

Until now. It'd be a never ending mission if I'd been bringing him up on every mistake.

But I'm genuinely bored of having to re-read things now. So think about what you're writing sooty. It's in the site rules.

Quote: sootyj @ November 5 2008, 6:37 PM GMT

I do but I'm genuinely quite blind on repeated letters, even when I check.

Which I do honest.

Mmk. Well, it's the numerous lines where all you need is a comma or a new sentence that's really annoying me.

Quote: Griff @ November 5 2008, 12:03 PM GMT

Wow Lee you're the second person in 20+ years I've met who drinks Guinness and blackcurrant. Someone used to come in and ask for it when I worked in a bar in student days. I tell people this and no-one believes me. There was also a Guinness and lime guy. I have also been persuaded to try Guinness and port which is actually nowhere near as bad as I expected and gets you MINGINGLY pissed.

Nout wrong with a guinness and black - it's rather comman where I come from, but I find it's more a meal in a pint glass than a drink to enjoy on a night out.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 5 2008, 4:31 PM GMT

I used to do bar work and have served plenty of polluted Guinness:

blackcurrant
orange
lime
cider
spit

All have been added and served.. ;)

Least other bodily fluids didn't enter the glass Frankie, then again you are a gentlemen, not until the third round?

Quote: EllieJP @ November 5 2008, 12:23 PM GMT

I love my mum because she's my best friend

So you both go on the prowl for men? :P

Quote: Paul W @ November 5 2008, 9:27 PM GMT

Nout wrong with a guinness and black - it's rather comman where I come from, but I find it's more a meal in a pint glass than a drink to enjoy on a night out.

common*

Like you. ;)

Excuse me, is this room for suppressed Oedipus Complexes?

Quote: DaButt @ November 5 2008, 6:58 AM GMT

I'm visiting my parents in Florida and was happy to see this shopping list on the refrigerator. She knows me too well. (I'm drinking a can as I type.)

If I wrote on my refrigerator in felt-tip pen I'd be sent to my room with no supper.

Quote: Aaron @ November 5 2008, 9:48 PM GMT

common*

Like you. ;)

:(

Surprised you didn't pick up on "Nout"