Why I love my mother

I'm visiting my parents in Florida and was happy to see this shopping list on the refrigerator. She knows me too well. (I'm drinking a can as I type.)

Splatter screen?

Quote: sootyj @ November 5 2008, 8:16 AM GMT

Splatter screen?

One of those screens you put over pots and pans to keep grease from splattering everywhere when you cook stuff on the stove.

Made good scoff and cleaned the house well.

I'm just kind of captivated by how lovely the handwriting is.

GUINNESS!

Oooo Guinness. I can't drink it neat but with just a splash of blackcurrant it's like boozey ice cream.

Guinness and Blackcurrent was normal at my uni.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 5 2008, 11:43 AM GMT

Oooo Guinness. I can't drink it neat but with just a splash of blackcurrant it's like boozey ice cream.

Try it with port, Lee.

I see now Griff beat me too that with the port. Proper Guinness doesn't need blackcurrant but some of the rougher stuff you used to get in England was helped by it. Originally they made it more bitter in England to compete in the... well against the popular bitters.

I love my mum because she's my best friend as well as my mum! :) She also plasters me with wine and take away food! :)

Quote: Marc P @ November 5 2008, 12:23 PM GMT

Try it with port, Lee.

Bloody Hell Marc, whiskey, port...what're you, president of the UK Gout Society?

Quote: EllieJP @ November 5 2008, 12:23 PM GMT

She also plasters me with wine and take away food! :)

So basically, she's trying to send you to an early grave.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 5 2008, 12:44 PM GMT

Bloody Hell Marc, whiskey, port...what're you, president of the UK Gout Society?

Laughing out loud

I like guiness and blackcurrant.

I also like snake bite with sloe gin.

And vodka gin and bitter lemon.

I used to do bar work and have served plenty of polluted Guinness:

blackcurrant
orange
lime
cider
spit

All have been added and served.. ;)

Has anyone tried Guinness Red? It's not that widespread at the minute, but pops up in places like O'Neills.

It's quite nice. Smoother than normal Guinness in my opinion, but not as rich a taste.