Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 17

None of this would be an issue if ETA had done the decent thing and murdered Sachs in the 70s, for repeatedly insulting Spanish dignity.

Quote: sootyj @ October 29 2008, 7:51 PM BST

Frankly though Brand humping a boob flashing professional slag, who claimed to be his mate.

Then telling her grand dad who's no saint.

Is that the most pathetic reason for a resignation ever?

I don't like the idea of the Daily Mail reading ignorant masses flexing their muscles.

I love you today Sooty. I do.

Quote: Nick @ October 29 2008, 7:51 PM BST

I hope that you can see just how idiotic that comment is.

Actually no, don't try to insult me please-it ain't nice and makes you come across badly.

Quote: Griff @ October 29 2008, 7:54 PM BST

Why is Andrew Sachs no saint? Because he played Manuel?

No, because he killed that Nun.

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 7:53 PM BST

I love you today Sooty. I do.

:| Maybe it's best that the RSPCA had you locked up.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:54 PM BST

No, because he killed that Nun.

I bet she was a particularly evil nun.

:(:(

With no conjugal visits? :O

Quote: zooo @ October 29 2008, 7:55 PM BST

:(:(

With no conjugal visits? :O

Depends on the visitor.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:53 PM BST

Actually no, don't try to insult me please-it ain't nice and makes you come across badly.

I wasn't trying to insult you and I'm not saying that you're an idiot. Just that your seeming belief that people should turn a blind eye to how people are treated if you don't know them personally isn't the most intelligent comment I've ever read.

Quote: Aaron @ October 29 2008, 7:51 PM BST

To be fair, they could be complaining that the BBC allowed it to be broadcast, rather than complaining specifically about what was said.

Perhaps, but I think a fair amount of this seems to be directed personally towards Brand and Ross. Sure, there's an element of 'Why did the BBC allow this to happen?', but it does look like the majority of people are directing their continued anger towards Brand and Ross, which, like I said, seems strange given that Andrew Sachs himself seems to have accepted their apologies now.

Quote: Nick @ October 29 2008, 7:56 PM BST

I wasn't trying to insult you and I'm not saying that you're an idiot. Just that your seeming belief that people should turn a blind eye to how people are treated if you don't know them personally isn't the most intelligent comment I've ever read.

Insult two-keep 'em coming! :D And I think there's a big difference between what I'm saying and what you're suggesting. This is a storm over nothing and for so many to complain is plain silly. I'm obviously not saying if, on the way to work, two boys threw ox blood at a granny you should turn up your collar and scamper past. There's a difference. A BIG difference.

Quote: sootyj @ October 29 2008, 7:53 PM BST

None of this would be an issue if ETA had done the decent thing and murdered Sachs in the 70s, for repeatedly insulting Spanish dignity.

Its his grandaughter who wears The Basque now, boom boom.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:59 PM BST

And I think there's a big difference between what I'm saying and what you're suggesting. This is a storm over nothing and for so many to complain is plain silly. I'm obviously not saying if, on the way to work, two boys threw ox blood at a granny you should turn up your collar and scamper past. There's a difference. A BIG difference.

And if Granny said, "I'm OK, I don't want to make a fuss", you think the two boys should be allowed to merrily wander off.

Quote: JohnnyD @ October 29 2008, 8:06 PM BST

And if Granny said, "I'm OK, I don't want to make a fuss", you think the two boys should be allowed to merrily wander off.

Oh Jesus wept . . . yes, yes that's what I think. Because that is exactly the same. Sheesh . . .

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 29 2008, 7:59 PM BST

And I think there's a big difference between what I'm saying and what you're suggesting. This is a storm over nothing and for so many to complain is plain silly. I'm obviously not saying if, on the way to work, two boys threw ox blood at a granny you should turn up your collar and scamper past. There's a difference. A BIG difference.

The principle is the same though. You asked why anybody would complain if they weren't connected with the Sachs family? Obviously lots don't have anything better to do but many probably just have some compassion for others and don't think it's acceptable that an innocent old man was offended for no reason.

Throwing ox blood at a granny is a somewhat worse offence but it would be the same compassion for others which would hopefully see people step in.

Quote: Nick @ October 29 2008, 8:07 PM BST

The principle is the same though.

Really, I think you can take each offence on its individual merit; can't you? You can use you brain to work out when it's right to step in/complain and when it's patently ridiculous. If you don't think the reaction to this has been way over the top then I don't really know what else to say to you. Only that I disagree.