Is this a sitcom?

Look Around You I suppose is more of a satire than a sitcom. I'm currently writing two show, one is a sitcom and the other is a parody of Tales of the Unexpected called "The District". Each week is a different story and has an entirely new cast and retains all of the surrealism and unsettling nature that show like T.O.T.U were famous for. Do you think it could work?

Moving to Writers' Discussion.

Yeah, Look Around You wasn't a sitcom, it was more what you would call a spoof I suppose. Your idea could work-BUT, and you could be going for something very, very different, the first thing that popped into my head when reading your description was Coogans 'Dr Terribles House Of Horrible' from a few years back.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 26 2008, 7:58 PM BST

Yeah, Look Around You wasn't a sitcom, it was more what you would call a spoof I suppose. Your idea could work-BUT, and you could be going for something very, very different, the first thing that popped into my head when reading your description was Coogans 'Dr Terribles House Of Horrible' from a few years back.

Holy shit! Yeah dude you're right. I just did research on that and it does sound a lot similar. According to the reviews though it wasnt very good and didnt get recommissioned. Damn, I thought I had an original idea. Oh well. I'll keep it in my pocket incase i need it some time. Thanks dude