New series from League of Gentlemen! Page 2

Hasn't Gatiss been sucked into the Doctor Who universe? I'd imagine he's pretty busy with that...although which one is he again? The only one I know for sure is Reece Shearsmith, because he's practically a midget.

Left to right: Mark, Jeremy, Reece, Steve.

They write in those pairs too. (Mark and Jeremy, Reece and Steve.) Even when they were all writing the old series' together.

Reece is known as 'the good looking one'.

He certainly is.

I've also come to the conclusion that Shearsmith is the most disturbed one! Partly for his portrayal of Papa Lazarou, but mostly for the violence of some of his characters.

He's an angry little fella.
But all the best people are quite easily pissed off.

*raises hand*

Not sure about the 'best' people bit, mind. :)

Quote: Winterlight @ October 13 2008, 6:27 PM BST

Reece is known as 'the good looking one'.

Jeremy looks the coolest though.

I remember (*puffs on pipe and extends tips of feet into slippers*) watchin LOG in their early stage comedy days. The point it that they developed their characters and scripts through gigging. The LOG (espescially series 1&2) were great, and great because they had really honed those characters through performance. It will be interesting to see whether with a new project they have the time/inclination to really work on a new concept and set of characers (whether they are writing or performing) that will have the same freshness. Look forward to seeing it.

I'm really indebted to the OP for this thread.

Forewarned is forearmed...

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 14 2008, 1:01 AM BST

I remember (*puffs on pipe and extends tips of feet into slippers*) watchin LOG in their early stage comedy days. The point it that they developed their characters and scripts through gigging. The LOG (espescially series 1&2) were great, and great because they had really honed those characters through performance. It will be interesting to see whether with a new project they have the time/inclination to really work on a new concept and set of characers (whether they are writing or performing) that will have the same freshness. Look forward to seeing it.

Very good point.

Quote: zooo @ October 13 2008, 8:43 PM BST

This from the person attacking Peter Kay for being difficult to work with. ;)

Quote: zooo @ October 13 2008, 8:43 PM BST

Played a brilliant angry mental case in Catterick too.

I think using the name 'Psychoville' is a very offensive notion indeed. I would expect that they would get a lot of very legal documents from mental health charaties thretening to take action.

Quote: James Turner @ October 14 2008, 1:34 PM BST

I think using the name 'Psychoville' is a very offensive notion indeed. I would expect that they would get a lot of very legal documents from mental health charaties thretening to take action.

Hopefully you're joking to some extent and don't actually find the title in any way offensive.