Story (maybe stand up) feedback

I was at this play centre with my two youngest children and they were playing in this ball pit, there was a woman there who I noticed was looking after some ‘mentally challenged' kids

There were 4 kids all different ages & races - it looked like such hard work but she was just getting on with it. It was truly inspirational to me. I think its difficult looking after 2 kids that being there Dad I love and am instinctively driven to care about

I wanted to say something, I didn't know what. What can you say?? I'm usually shy about speaking with anyone but really felt compelled to commend her for giving these retarded children a level of quality their life

So I went over to her and basically said all of that

She said: Retarded!? They not RETARDED! They're my children!!??

I don't know, it sounds like the kind of joke you see in every BBC sitcom since The Office... awkward situations involving disabled children might have run their course, they're getting a bit predictable.

you think, thanks for feedback

Maybe if you'd have mentioned that her dog Syndrome had been climbing all over her and she said, 'Down Syndrome, down boy.'

Hmmm sorry that's just a bit mean. It doesn't really have much of a punchline, it jsut sounds like you're a bit unsympatheitc to a harried mum.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ September 11 2008, 2:07 PM BST

Maybe if you'd have mentioned that her dog Syndrome had been climbing all over her and she said, 'Down Syndrome, down boy.'

Groaned so hard my bladder erupted through my right nostril, pointed at your post and laughed its bladder laugh.

I think this has some potential with additions like Nigel's, but reading stories and commenting on them reminds me a great deal of the airport anecdote in 15 Storeys High. :D

Thanks for replys!

Quote: Beaumalow @ September 11 2008, 1:52 PM BST

I was at this play centre with my two youngest children and they were playing in this ball pit, there was a woman there who I noticed was looking after some ‘mentally challenged' kids

There were 4 kids all different ages & races - it looked like such hard work but she was just getting on with it. It was truly inspirational to me. I think its difficult looking after 2 kids that being there Dad I love and am instinctively driven to care about

I wanted to say something, I didn't know what. What can you say?? I'm usually shy about speaking with anyone but really felt compelled to commend her for giving these retarded children a level of quality their life

So I went over to her and basically said all of that

She said: Retarded!? They not RETARDED! They're my children!!??

Sorry dude rather weak... Has been done to death.

Quote: Beaumalow @ September 11 2008, 2:18 PM BST

Thanks for replys!

Ok, I'll shut up now :(

I had no idea it had been done to death

Thanks !

I really want to delete this shit now, but won't

I thought people would think it's comedy genius HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote: Beaumalow @ September 12 2008, 11:05 AM BST

I really want to delete this shit now, but won't

I thought people would think it's comedy genius HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you for not deleting it, I don't like deleting stuff people have put up personally... Trust me a lot of my shit sketches/ jokes are on this forum and I don't delete it, so you're in good company :P