6 episodes Page 2

Is it because 6 episodes is what fits handily on a DVD in LP mode?

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 13 2008, 11:51 AM BST

There are of course exceptions to the six episodes limit. Look at the only series of 'Doctor at Large' Most Sunday nights in 1971- Doctor at Large was on. It ran for 29 episodes. But the writing in Large was quite an American format. Loads of different writers writing each episode so there was enough to do a long series.

And the fifth series of 'Allo 'Allo! was 26 episodes long, but surprisingly the majority of them were written by just Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft (24 of the 26 episodes). So you don't always need a huge writing team.

Quote: Phillip @ July 31 2008, 11:06 AM BST

And the fifth series of 'Allo 'Allo! was 26 episodes long, but surprisingly the majority of them were written by just Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft (24 of the 26 episodes). So you don't always need a huge writing team.

Not if you are going to have the same jokes in every episode...

I was watching Time Gentlemen Please tonight. That was about 26 episodes I seem to remember.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 1 2008, 1:04 AM BST

I was watching Time Gentlemen Please tonight. That was about 26 episodes I seem to remember.

Series one had 22 episodes. The second had 15, including the Christmas special which preceeded it (by about a week and a half).

If I remember correctly series 2 of Coupling had 9 episodes, series 3 had 7 but series 1 and 4 only had 6.

Personally I would prefer around 6 or 7 episodes for any series if it means that the quality is going to be better. Quality over quantity any day

Quote: Johnny Green @ August 7 2008, 10:56 PM BST

Quality over quantity any day

So why are you on this site then? Laughing out loud

Quote: Curt @ March 12 2008, 5:10 PM BST

Good question Eclipse I had always wondered that myself.

Actually, I think it is a bad question.

You're the bad question around here.