One of the funniest scripts ever?

Don't worry its not a virus or anything, it's a link to a Garth Merenghi script of Episode 6 I think, or was it 4, can't remember now.
Anyway I think this is one of the funniest scripts i've ever seen, what does everyone else think?

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/thegoalrash/savedarkplace/episode6script.html

ah crap, I spelt the title wrong and I can't edit it now, son of a

I thought it was going to link to one of mine :( But I'm glad it didn't now, I see the title is SKIPS!

I really don't like transcripts. They don't give off the vibe of a real script.

Great show though.

Quote: Jonny S @ May 26, 2007, 6:14 PM

ah crap, I spelt the title wrong and I can't edit it now, son of a

Done.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 26, 2007, 6:47 PM

I really don't like transcripts. They don't give off the vibe of a real script.

Great show though.

I agree, im not paticulat keen on transcripts myself, although I did try and find the real version to learn from as a Darkplace script I imagine would be pretty technical, and how the writers would have got there point across would have been very interesting as most of the shows comedy is pretty astute.

Not keen on transcripts either. I do like Darkplace, though. My money is on Skipper the Eyechild being the best episode. Shame they resurrected Garth and Dean for that crap spoof chat show format, rather than for more lost programmes from the vaults.

The 'apes' episode was the best surely?

'... bastard monkey hands!'

Loved that show. The DVD is great... especially the commentary.

It was very funny, but a little too dark and weird for my liking.

Darkplace was so much better than his chat show. What was all that about. I really wanted to love it.

Maybe it'll come into its own in 20 years time, be appreciated after its death. Like Van Gogh.

Yeah, the dean lerner chat show was a big dissapointment after the genius of darkplace; it just seemed their was no ambition there, it was all quite low key. Though that could have possibly had something to do with having a very meagre budget, as it did seem quite a cheap show. Either way, theyre going to have to work hard on whatever they do next to try and redeem themselves!

I think if they had condensed the whole lot into a one hour show, it could have worked. It just took soooo long.

But despite that, it is good that such bizarre things are able to get made now and then. Better that than some new Vernon Kaye show.

Thing that gets me was Film 4 asked them if they wanted to do a Gareth Marenghi Darkplace movie, but they declined. Boo hiss! Think how big they could have been, kind of.

I really want to see Hollness (sp?) on tv a bit more, same goes for Marc Wooton.

and Matt Berry when he's not doing v.o's for talking volcanoes although it's very funny.

I would rather see a second series than a film, who woudn't, although a film would have been brilliant, wether it would have done well or not I don't know seen as though the series didn't do at all well when it was first aired due to crappy scheduling and advertising on channel 4's part...they went nuts with the advertising for Green Wing, although it took a few series to grow on me, I now find it very funny but there's no way, in my opinion, that it's as funny as Darkplace.

Here's a link to that quality song, one track lover, I put it on when im making love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4_mZh-bj8

I know it says bj8 at the end but it has nothing to do with blow jobs, dissapointing for some, but relief for others.

Darkplace was excellent, although the genre is difficult to keep up. You can't keep making good bad television without losing some of the good. Although they seem to have managed quite well.

My favourite scene was the water. I think it was episode three.

Darkplace was kind of a horrific Acorn Antiques, which was also excellent.

Genre parody is a rich source, but you have to remember that parody is a very poor subsititute for actual originality, no matter how good the parody is, the *idea* will always belong to the original.

Parody can be the laziest way of writing or the funniest expose of flaws in a specific thread. It depends on the talent of the person at the keyboard and how it's presented.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 27, 2007, 3:24 PM

Yeah, the dean lerner chat show was a big dissapointment after the genius of darkplace

Yep. But I think it failed due to concept more than anything. Once you let spoof deadpan characters loose with a studio audience, you either get awkward studio laughter or awkward performances. We got both.