New Stephen Mangan sitcom....

From the World Productions website (doesn't give much info.)

BBC2 has commissioned us to make NEVER BETTER, a comedy in 6 X 30 minute episodes, starring Stephen Mangan (Green Wing).

Filming is scheduled for this summer for transmission in Autumn 2007.

I don't know when the info was posted on their website.

Edit: From a fansite:

Steve's up and coming projects include a new 6 part BBC comedy series called Never Better which is about someone attending Alcoholics Anonymous. Its due to air in Autumn 2007.

There you go.

I may die of happiness.

But I should probably wait until after this has been on TV.

If it's good, and Mangan's in it- it should be amazing...although it could go totally the other way :|

Even if it's crap, if he's in it he'll make it totally watchable. His super duper acting cannot be foiled by mere bad writing.

I hope he gets to improvise.

Ooh Alcoholics Anonymous, touchy thing to draw comedy from, it will have to be done in the right way, but if he gets it right it could be very good.

I e-mailed World Productions yesterday about a couple of things i wanted to ask and today I got an e-mail back.

They couldn't tell me much other than it starts filming today.

I love Mangan but he always seems to get stuck playing really arrogant characters eg. Secretan and the guy in Confetti, hopefully we'll get to see more of his versatility in this.

Yeah, I hope so too.

His sensitive parts (so to speak) in Green Wing, though they were few and far between, were my favourite parts.

Did you see him in Jane Hall?
He was totally against character in that. It was amazing.

Jane Hall is one of the only things i've ever watched on ITV (other than Primeval, Dead Man Weds, and a few other things.) It was great and it's never going to get a second series. Grr.

I was trying to remember where I'd seen him as a bit of a geek and that was it.

I enjoyed Jane Hall - especially when her bus got hi-jacked by those girl prisoners but I don't think I saw the whole series so don't know how it finished. Did she finish up with him?

It ended on a cliffhanger. I'm not sure if she married the guy, and then said she was in love with Stephen Mangan's character or what. Sorry.

Quote: zooo @ May 20, 2007, 6:59 PM

Even if it's crap, if he's in it he'll make it totally watchable. His super duper acting cannot be foiled by mere bad writing.

I bet it could.

:)

Well, I bet it couldn't!
Want an arm wrestle?

No way... you'd win!