What are you listening to now? Page 281

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2008, 2:43 PM BST

Is she dreading it or looking forward to it?

She's dreading the fact that I'm going with her, she would rather have one of friends from school go, but shes definitely looking forward to seeing them.

Quote: zooo @ July 15 2008, 1:48 PM BST

I've only heard 3 of Vampire Weekend's songs, but they are all ace.

What is Beck's new album like? Depressing/Fun? Which of his old albums is it most in the style of?

Okay. It's really good. It's only 10 songs and lasts 30 minutes but it doesn't seem like it. It's kind of depressing but very uplifting at the same time. There's no rapping which dissapointed me a little. If you wanted to compare it his old albums I'd say it's a mixture of Guero & The Information with a little Midnight Vultures. But it's very blusey. It's kind of like funky Beck playing with the Black Keys (also produced by Dangermouse.) So, a mixture of hard rock, blues and funk.

The album is on a certin "tube" site, by the way.

Quote: Ydna @ July 15 2008, 3:23 PM BST

She's dreading the fact that I'm going with her, she would rather have one of friends from school go, but shes definitely looking forward to seeing them.

Haha, exactly as I expected!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 15 2008, 12:30 PM BST

Vampire Weekend's album. It's all so lovely. :)

Oxford Comma is great. Haven't given the rest of the album a good listening too yet.

Currently listening to Knucklehead - Ninja!

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2008, 4:09 PM BST

Does this mean she spreads bad things about me? Angry

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2008, 4:09 PM BST

Whistling nnocently

Quote: hotzappa11 @ July 15 2008, 3:56 PM BST

Okay. It's really good. It's only 10 songs and lasts 30 minutes but it doesn't seem like it. It's kind of depressing but very uplifting at the same time. There's no rapping which dissapointed me a little. If you wanted to compare it his old albums I'd say it's a mixture of Guero & The Information with a little Midnight Vultures. But it's very blusey. It's kind of like funky Beck playing with the Black Keys (also produced by Dangermouse.) So, a mixture of hard rock, blues and funk.

The album is on a certin "tube" site, by the way.

Oh reeeally?...

Ah it sounds good then. My favourite one is Midnite Vultures, so as long as there's a little bit of that in there.

Quote: Ydna @ July 15 2008, 5:38 PM BST

Does this mean she spreads bad things about me? Angry

Considering that you tell everyone she's adopted, I think Robyn's really rather nice to you!

Mozart-Register Piano Concerto No 21 Very Loud I love this song!!!

Quote: Gavin @ July 15 2008, 6:14 PM BST

Mozart-Register Piano Concerto No 21 Very Loud I love this song!!!

Oh man!!! That is one of the best classical pieces ever!!!
The louder the better - absolutely beaudiful! Especially when the piano comes in.

Quote: ian_w @ July 15 2008, 6:15 PM BST

Oh man!!! That is one of the best classical pieces ever!!!
The louder the better - absolutely beaudiful! Especially when the piano comes in.

For a few minutes it makes life bareable again.

Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey Lovey

Gonna listen to it once more on the 5.1 Mwhaha

You are a man of exquisite taste Gav!
I bet you even have a Ferrero Rochet pyramid!

Quote: ian_w @ July 15 2008, 6:22 PM BST

LOL!

I like Pachelbel's Canon in D.
I know it's really boring and gets played all the time, but played really loud it's ace.

Quote: ian_w @ July 15 2008, 6:22 PM BST

You don't want to know where. Sick

Quote: zooo @ July 15 2008, 6:26 PM BST

I like Pachelbel's Canon in D.
I know it's really boring and gets played all the time, but played really loud it's ace.

Link?