Topical Comedy Shows

Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone knows (by the way two knows don't make a yes) where I can send topical comedy material to shows?

Every week I see theses shows 'Have I Got News For You' and Jonathan Ross and Never mind the Buzzcocks etc. Gag's are my thing. The comedy kind not the gimp kind.

In the words of Jerry MaGuire - help me to help them. Well strictly speaking it was 'help me to help you' in the film then 'show me the money' but it does not get my point over as well.

Thanks x

Join the queue!

The BBC have a couple of 'open-door' shows (Parsons and Naylor's Pull Out Sections, Watson's Wind Up), neither of which are currently on air, I know they used to have Weekending and The News Huddlines but both are sadly no more.

Unfortunately, there aren't many other places to go - you could try Newsrevue, or even do some topical stand up, that way you can do all your own material, really put yourself to the test and try and make a name for yourself.

Cheers splodge. Yeah I have sent material to both Watson's Wind Up and Newsrevue. I may send stuff to Parsons and Naylor's Pull Out Sections but if they are off air I will not hold my breath.

I am also doing stand up comedy. That's partly why I got into stand up because I couldn't find a way to air my stuff. I have a few London gigs coming up in November. Details on MySpace. Thanks for your tips though.

I will join the queue though as you suggest. Its just most people don't like being sewn together but if that is the only way I can get my material through........

News revue and Treason Show are two stage shows doing topical material.
What's your myspace rbl, and i'll add you as a friend - if you want.

Maybe not topical but BBC comedy soup asking for short vids

Because I am XX not XY I do not have the technology gene. So it is unfair for the BBC to have short vids thing going on. Is that discrimination? How much do you reckon I could make out of that? Does one of you want to represent me at the hearing? We could clean up. If I break a leg and bring my mate who is in a wheelchair and my Asian grandma I reckon we would be sitting pretty.

So in a nutshell - I don't have a video camera but my mobile phone has one do you think that would do for the beeb?

It depends on the exacts of the 'competition'. If it's a general find-the-bestest-funny-peoples type thing, then as long as it's not too crappy in quality, I can't see why they wouldn't accept it.
If, however, it's for eventual broadcast, then I'd be a bit more wary. Still not necessarily a no, but less likely.