Best supporting character Page 3

Not sure Richmond counts. Was he not only in one episode?

No, Richmond was in two episodes, "The Red Door," and "Aunt Irma Visits".

Quote: Ian Dunn @ August 24, 2006, 6:16 AM

No, Richmond was in two episodes, "The Red Door," and "Aunt Irma Visits".

I still don't think that counts.

No, it does. In last scene shows Richmond and Denholm in bed together, and scene is to be continued in the next series, so it looks like Richmond will return in the next series.

Quote: Ian Dunn @ August 24, 2006, 10:28 AM

No, it does. In last scene shows Richmond and Denholm in bed together, and scene is to be continued in the next series, so it looks like Richmond will return in the next series.

Good point. If he appears a bit more, I'll call him a supporting character. :)

I'm with earman. For me, a true "supporting character" has to be in a majority of - if not all - episodes. With appearing in just two, I'd still class him a "bit part".
What happens in the next series remains to be seen...

So Chris Morris's is more the supporting character in that show, do you think?

In other news, I love Marsha in Spaced. And the dog.

Interesting, interesting. Definitely more of a supporting character than Richmond, but at the same time, the show wouldn't really be any different without him. Hard to define.

Rab C Nesbitt is great, wee Burney is the best.

My nomination is Steve "I'm Cheecky Me" Crosby. in "Time Gentelmen Please"...Brill...

or Mr Flibble in "Red Dwarf" "Quarantine" Series 5. Or is that just silly!

STEVE! How could I possibly forget Steve?! Or The Prof! Dear God. I feel ashamed now. How could I forget ANY of them?!

how about margo and something (dam what was his name!!?? the posh neighbours) in the good life? got to be up there and vital to the show

Margo and Jerry Leadbetter!
I so wouldn't have watched it without them. Never really liked Tom and Barbara.

You didn't like Felicity Kendal as Barbara.

Felicity Kendal is a wonderful woman....and I want to protect her!! Sorry had to quote that line from one of my fave 80's comedies, The Young Ones.

Speaking of the Young Ones, I'd also like to nominate Alexei Sayle. A bit odd but just added to the craziness of the show.

Brian from SPACED. Sooooo brilliant!