4Laughs

I recently found out about 4Laughs, a scheme from Channel 4 to find new comedy talent: www.channel4.com/4laughs

I was a runner up in the reality tv sketch writing contest on the site.

Ta v.m. for that. Very useful to know about stuff like this.

I too was a runner up with a reality TV sketch called "You TV." The sketch was about a TV show where everyone in the country could be a contestant. If you were picked you HAVE to go on. You have to perform stupid "Big Brother" style tasks, and if you failed, you'd be deported from the country.

Haha, that's good. :D

Quote: Ian Dunn @ August 22, 2006, 7:54 AM

You have to perform stupid "Big Brother" style tasks, and if you failed, you'd be deported from the country.

I'm sure many people would love to see real Big Brother contestants deported from the country.

Or the government.

Well done Frostyboy and Ian. I entered the technology competition, but no luck. I'll do the current one too. Has anyone here submitted any images?

Yay! Let's start a runners-up thread

Im an active member of the 4laughs website and ive be posting like mad for the new time travel sketch compo. i really want to win it but id come runner up just to help with the thread....... im new by the way... hi

Yo ...as we don't say here. Welcome
I've sent loads of ideas too. It's tough not winning but I have to say it's great that such opportunities arise and the fact that a newbie won the last comp should be encouraging ... although I notice his name is Mitchell - no relation to Webb??!

I've been mentioned in the 4Laughs blog about six times.

frostyboy we actually post in the same threads quite alot... my alter ego is cosmos100, i believe we have both been mentioned in the blog a fair few times

I sent in stuff for the channel 4 send a sketch thing. My one is on their now about the time travel. Its been there for a few weeks but I don't think I have won anything. I thought I might have but it seems I was just the example. Well at least I was not the warning.

Quote: Croydesponger @ September 29, 2006, 10:35 PM

Yay! Let's start a runners-up thread

Jeez, that'd be depressing for me. Not only do I never win any comedy writing competitions, get rejected by the BBC with no feedback around 3-4 times a year, but now I won't even qualify for a thread on an internet forum for people who also haven't won, but come closer than me *sigh* :(

----

See my Office of Evil at www.thespectacle.co.uk

Never mind Scott. If there was a thread for people who'd like to write but a)can't be bothered or b) haven't got the nerve to put themselves out there, it would be never ending! And you WOULDN'T be on it!

;)