Kia ora, and other fruit-like drinks

Or Wotcha cock. From New Zealand, hence the Kia ora. God, am I glad I stumbled on to this forum. I live for comedy, preferably brit stand up and sit coms. I've abandoned broadcast TV and exist entirely on a diet of DVDs from Amazon and various streamed offerings. My favourite shows are Peep Show, Alan Partridge and QI, I often have them on in the background while I work so they're the yardsticks against which I judge new shows. Obviously there's a lot more depth to my watching but that more or less defines my taste.

So New Zealand, home of the Flight of the Conchords. I caught a little bit of the NZ Comedy Gala, and it was predictably dire. Turns out we kiwis love a bandwagon, so there was a surplus of comedy folk duos. Whoop dee... Don't get me wrong; I LOVE Germaine and Brett, and Rhys is a genius. I'm truly surprised at their overseas success, especially the States - who knew?

This might, just might, be the forum for an idea which I had during a sleepless night. It seemed an absolute side-splitter that night, although I did have a bit of a fever thanks to the 'flu but when I woke up, I thought "Nah, that's possibly the most perverted movie you could pitch to anyone". However, I have given it some thought, and I think it may have universal appeal. Basically a twist on a recent release, that would have to be done by two gentlemen in particular. Leave a message if you want me to expound on this teaser... however, the time may have passed for this idea as it was a bit topical.

Anyway, that's me. If you want any personal details, how about 41 years old, male, married with two children, interests include minis and motorbikes, work as a graphic designer, despise 'street culture' (So Nathan Barley is a gold mine :) ) and once slept with a niece of a member of a famous comedy trio. How's that for personal?

And hearty Um Bungo to you sir, welcome to the show.

And I kicked John Cleese's dog hows that.

n.b. I saw David Badiel at a Chinese, he had his kids with him. Least I think they were his kids he looked well furtive.

Was it Curly, Larry or Moe's niece?

Hello, by the way.

Kia-Ora.

I actually love New Zealand. Lived in Napier for 3 months... amazing.

Good moaning! (Well, I guess it will be for you when you read this!)

This film sounds like it may intrigue zooo, our resident deity!

Hello there Angus Wave
We'll be your dogs!

Quote: Angusdog @ May 27 2008, 10:20 AM BST

and once slept with a niece of a member of a famous comedy trio. How's that for personal?

As I was reading that I was so happy to read the "Of a famous comedy trio." bit!
Wave

I want to hear more about the perverted film!

I can't even think of any comedy trios...

P.S. Yay Flight of the Conchords!
I will henceforth imagine all your posts in Bret's voice.

She's definitely feeling better :D

and Hello Angus :)

Quote: zooo @ May 27 2008, 6:07 PM BST

I can't even think of any comedy trios...

Laura, Ben & Him are the only trio that springs to mind. *strokes chin*

Hey Angus! :D

There was a comedy trio in New Zealand called GARY which this guy was in.

Hello Angus Wave