Strange DVD turned up on UKRarities

John Inman fans hold your breathe. A very strange DVD has turned up on the UKRarities site. Those who aren't members and want to buy, join, don't worry about credit card details etc as it is all PayPal. Good DVD company but takes a few weeks to arrive - situated in Australia.

But anyway, for John Inman fans. The site is selling 'Odd Man Out' a supposedly shocking sitcom starring Inman in his first starring sitcom. Written by Vince Powell, Powell showed no restraint to keep Inman's homosexuality a secret, unlike Croft and Lloyd in Are You Being Served?, never overtly stated, but is in this sitcom. It is set in a seaside town in a factory that makes rock. Its main catchphrase is 'How's your rock, cock'.

God, it sounds awful and it probably will be, but for Inman fans, it will be a must buy. Ranked at number 5 on Mark Lewisohn's list of Britains worst sitcoms.

http://ukrarities.com/product_info.php?products_id=154&osCsid=4cb91eacedcb25362c2dc84c165c8467

Oo, interesting! Thanks! :)

So where is the rare tie??

Well spotted Rockabilly. :)

I've never seen this site before. There are several series on there that I'm interested in buying.

Can anyone who has used them before tell me about the quality of the DVDs please?

Before you purchase, let me know what you want. :)

Haven't ordered from them but do have the exact issue of "French Fields/Fresh Fields" and the DVD is fine - didn't want to play first time on region free DVD - reloaded and it's been fine ever since.

Did a bit of checking on the site - apparently they do ship to U.S. and payment methods include PayPal.

I made the mistake of buying the first series of Fresh Fields. God, it's awful isn't it?

All the DVD's on this site look like homemade 'official' releases. 'Dad', for example, is not commercially available.

Should it really be promoted on these boards?!

Quite correct; the only ounce of legality to any of them is that some aren't commercially available.

And no, they probably shouldn't be promoted, but it might give distributors a kick into releasing some of them, if they can see that they're being sold illegally.

I'm watching this now, and actually don't think it's that bad (surprise surprise).

Not really a 'great' sitcom by any means, and I'm 100% certain it'd be roundly hated here, but it appeals to my sense of humour. Very typically camp, over the top stuff from Inman, and a good appearance by Peter Butterworth.

Did you order the DVD? Have you heard the immortal catchphrase 'How's your Rock, Cock? yet.

Yes, I did order it (and a couple of other things).

And I think I'm on the fourth episode, and have only heard it twice.

Great website I'm sure you agree. I haven't ordered off them for a few months though. I bought the series of Sykes they have on the site.

Well, definitely some great content. That much goes without saying.

I'm surprised that of all seven series' of Sykes, they only have the sixth though!