Strange DVD turned up on UKRarities Page 2

Oh by the way, don't be fooled by the claim of it to be "digitally remastered" (cover artwork). His idea of digital remastering is to blur out the UK Gold logo in the corner and put his own 'EHE' (Euston Home Entertainment) on top of it. It's a blotchy LP VHS picture. More than watchable, but digitally remastered it most certainly is not.

Just watched episode one on youtube. It was awful. Innuendos and misunderstandings you can see coming a mile off. Inman said at the end of the episode, hope to see you next week. This just seems like an attempt to plead with people to watch it. Episode one probably got a big audience and then audiences probably declined. Three episodes on youtube. Probably give episode two a go, but I can't see it improving.

If you didn't like the first episode, you won't like the others.

It was of a rather poor quality though. Poor script and over-acting even by Inman's standards.

Only poor if you don't like that type of humour! It's not a brilliant show by any means, but it appeals to me.

I've just watched some of the first episode on You Tube. Even though it is terribly over the top acting and innuendo's you can see a mile away, I still kind of liked it. Inmans character is similar to that of Mr Humphries but without the restraint. Overall, not as bad I thought it was going to be.

Def.

Watched the next two episodes, improved from episode one but more bad than good.

I've signed up so i can get my mitts on 'Here Come The Double-Deckers'!
Some interesting looking shows on there, i've never heard of that Richard O'Sullivan show "Me And My Girl' or 'Come Back Mrs. Noah' with Ian Lavender.
Also the show 'Prospects' looks interesting.

There is some very interesting stuff there, you're right. More than a little dodgy though, and a tad pricey, but that's what one must expect from a private and not legal in the slightest little outfit like that.

Hello, I'm new here, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong thread or should be starting a new thread (or if my inquiry has been answered elsewhere), but this is the first thread I found that mentioned UKRarities. I should also apologise if this is not the place for inquiries about pirated TV shows.

I have long been keen to get hold of all series of The Goodies (only 23 of the 74 episodes have been officially released on DVD - and I already have them) and Series 2 of A Very Peculiar Practice and the subsequent A Very Polish Practice (neither officially released on DVD).

My question is: Can someone please tell me what sort of quality I should expect from UKRarities? Are all of their titles likely to be (like the John Inman series in this thread) dodgy VHS transfers to DVD, and therefore somewhat blurry/poor definition? I'm just wondering whether it's worth shelling out about 170 pounds for the titles I want, if they may be of poor quality. Would I be better off going to the time and effort (and expense - I live in a land without unlimited broadband internet plans) of downloading torrents?

Thanks for any information.

Owing to the age of the material and that it hasn't been digitally restored, 'dodgy VHS transfers' is more or less the exact quality you should be expecting. You can also expect that, if it was recorded from a channel with an on-screen logo, that will have been blurred out - IMO more distracting than having the logo proper still visible.

Of course, there are ways *cough* of acquiring such material without the usage of little Tommy Torrent.

(Just as a note to everyone, whilst we can discuss torrenting as a concept, we cannot mention any specific sites or services which support/allow it. Any posts that do will be edited to remove such references.)

Many thanks for the information.

So then, am I right in saying that these people are getting the thumbs up from us? They have 'The Jokers', which I dearly want.

Well I'm not going to endorse them. But I'm not going to urge you to steer totally away either.

Goodies! Ooh!

Like you say, quality. And £12-£20 per series. But they're all there! Its a tempter.