How to submit to a producer?

What's the best way to submit sketches to a producer for a show they work on?

Do I write to the production company behind the show and mark the envelope F.A.O producers name?

Thanks in advance.

i'd always ring the production company up and ask. letters addressed to specific producers, will be opened by the people who answer the phones. I reckon.

And whenever phoning, always have a verbal pitch sorted. otherwises you'll ramble on like a drunken baboon just like i did 10 minutes ago!

Never submit to a producer. Fight them bloody tooth and nail all along the way.

That's a good idea, Nick. I'll try giving them a ring. Thanks.

Email them first, tell them about yourself and ask if you can send it by email. I haven't sent a hard copy script in years.

Ooops sorry, missunderstood the thread title.

laterz Whistling nnocently

Yeah, defiantly get in touch with some one first and let them ask for your work. You tend to get further.

Quote: Perry Nium @ May 1 2008, 1:55 PM BST

Email them first, tell them about yourself and ask if you can send it by email. I haven't sent a hard copy script in years.

And have you got anywhere yet? That sounds a bit snide, it's not meant to be. Just an honest question.

No, I haven't got anywhere yet. Apart from one NewsRevue sketch. I've got a load of material written that could fit into this show, so I think it's worth a shot. He can only say no. Or not bother to reply.

The good news is that I now have his email address. It was ridiculously easy, so thanks for the advice.

IT IS SHIT AND U ALL KNOW WHAT WEBSITE IS BETTER THAT IS RIGHT CHORTLE http://forums.chortle.co.uk/

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2008, 2:37 PM BST

And have you got anywhere yet? That sounds a bit snide, it's not meant to be. Just an honest question.

Yes I have. I have two sketch shows and a sitcom in development. That sounds a bit braggy, it's not meant to be. Just an honest answer.

What I find difficult is actually finding the contact details of any producer.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 1 2008, 8:10 PM BST

What I find difficult is actually finding the contact details of any producer.

Just phone the company and ask, or mark your email "F.A.O", just as you would a letter. But I prefer to phone.

My answer to this thread is to get on my knees, open my mouth and blow.

Quote: Charley @ May 1 2008, 8:31 PM BST

My answer to this thread is to get on my knees, open my mouth and blow.

....I'm a producer.